android
Old 02-01-2012, 08:15 AM

Default Received my Samsung Galaxy S wifi 4.0 from amazon today

I received delivery of my Samsung Galaxy S wifi 4.0 today only to see that the box has already been opened as the Samsung sticker that seals the box has been broken. So far the SGS 4.0 looks fine except all the default music has been removed. Its as if someone has had this before but sent it back and the retail company have reformatted the drive before reselling. I'll check to see if everything is working though before filing a complaint. Thing is it was never advertised as "used" on Amazon.

UPDATE! Everything seems to work fine. The volume actually works from 16 to 30 so the volume issue only happens on the wifi 3.6 models. Android needs updated though so i will do that and I will install Steve's ROMs to install voodoo and report back.

IEM - Sony EX310LP, Panasonic HJE900, JVC FXC80, Sennheiser CX300II

Last edited by Artmuzz; 02-01-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-01-2012, 09:16 AM

I would send it back for a new one.Amazon needs to be held accountable for this mistake.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:36 AM

Thanks for the suggestion but I've decided to keep it. I've been through a lot of grief in the past month sending my SGS wifi 3.6 back to Currys/PC World and waiting for a replacement that I still wasn't satisfied with. At least the SGS wifi 4.0 that I bought from Amazon works like a charm and the shipping was first class and very quick and it was free.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:18 PM

But still, you paid for a brand new one . I see you had a horrible
experience with last retailor, but you Shouldn't settle for a used
one because of some lazy stock person.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:28 PM

I know in principle I should send it back as it was advertised by the third party retailer on Amazon as new but really the SGS wifi 4.0 works like a charm even though it might of been used before. i really cannot go the hassle of getting it sent back and having to wait for another one. If on the other hand the PMP wasn't working properly and was a defect then I would of sent it back but I don't think its worth the hue and cry and hassle to get it sent back all because the package was opened and I suspected it was used before even though it was advertised as new because it works great and better than the Samsung Galaxy I bought at Currys/PC World.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:22 PM

You have two issues here, but it sounds like you are satisfied. They sent you a returned or reconditioned item and at this point in time a new SGP 4 should have Gingerbread installed from the factory and not need for Android to be updated. If you don't want to do anything about that, that is up to you and of course, fine. I think others should be aware that if they order from the same Amazon vendor as you did this could happen.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:59 PM

Did you order from a vendor that sells thru amazon or from amazon themselves, I had ordered mine from amazon and its sticker was sealed and it still had the "screen protector" with all the device info in place, but the battery was already installed and it had been registered to someones gmail account, so not sure what was up with that, I just did the factory reset to erase that gmail info so I could set it to mine, but mine had Gingerbread out of the box.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:18 PM

Yours is one that's been used. The gmail account is the big giveaway. I wonder how it was opened without the seal being broken.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:56 PM

I bought mine at Best Buy, and it was actually easy to open without breaking the seal. There was only one seal, so I just popped the box open from the other side.

I have no plans to return mine, but I always try to open stuff carefully so I can return it easily if needed. But yeah, it's very possible to open the SGP box without breaking the seal. Unless you have two seals(?)... mine only had the one.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel644 View Post
Did you order from a vendor that sells thru amazon or from amazon themselves, I had ordered mine from amazon and its sticker was sealed and it still had the "screen protector" with all the device info in place, but the battery was already installed and it had been registered to someones gmail account, so not sure what was up with that, I just did the factory reset to erase that gmail info so I could set it to mine, but mine had Gingerbread out of the box.
I ordered from a vender that sells through Amazon. They also have an eBay shop aswell. Mine had the screen protector with Galaxy S DiVx GPS etc written on the screen protector. What also makes me think that it was used was that I didn't have to set my region and time on first start up. Other than that I am very pleased with my SGS Galaxy S wifi 4.0 and I was impressed with the quick shipping which was free. According to my email I wasn't expecting delivery until between the 3rd February and 7th February so it was a pleasant surprise to see the delivery guy with my SGS wifi 4.0 at my door this morning

Old 02-01-2012, 07:18 PM

Amazon is very easy to return things.I had to send my SGP 5 back for it would not charge.I called them and that day they sent me a new one arriving in 48 hours and put my broken one in that package and sent it back.They paid all postage.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:47 AM

I'm glad your 4 is working and I understand your're reluctant to return it, but do rate the seller on Amazon as it will help others.
I would have been very disapointed if my 5 had been opened.
What issue did you have with the 3.6 as I've just purchased a 3.6 for my daughter from the same place as you, she's very happy with it.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:54 AM

I just got a reply back from the retail company who sold me the SGS WiFI 4.0 on Amazon. They told me they are sorry about the packaging but a few may be opened to check the product. They also mentioned that if I'm not happy with the product they can arrange a 10 if I want to keep it (whatever that means?).

@Tonnio

I have sent you a PM about the Galaxy WiFi 3.6

Old 02-02-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
I just got a reply back from the retail company who sold me the SGS WiFI 4.0 on Amazon. They told me they are sorry about the packaging but a few may be opened to check the product. They also mentioned that if I'm not happy with the product they can arrange a 10 if I want to keep it (whatever that means?).

@Tonnio

I have sent you a PM about the Galaxy WiFi 3.6
Apparently they are offering you a credit for keeping it. I would ask how much it would be for US currency. Looks like euro 10, which would be more in US$. Definitly would take them up on the offer as you state you are happy with it.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
Apparently they are offering you a credit for keeping it. I would ask how much it would be for US currency. Looks like euro 10, which would be more in US$. Definitly would take them up on the offer as you state you are happy with it.
I am in the UK anyway so i will not need to ask how much that would be in US currency.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
I am in the UK anyway so i will not need to ask how much that would be in US currency.
Sorry, didn't check your location, as most don't bother putting it in their profile.

Good that they did offer you a small refund for keeping it tho! Hopefully you'll accept it.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Yeah, I've sent them an email saying that I will accept the small credit as I really like the Samsung Galaxy S wifi 4.0.

Since flashing it with SteVes custom kernel ROM and installing Voodoo this is the best sounding device I now own and I own a lot of DAPs like Cowon, Sony, Sansa and iPod. The bass is so rich and the sound is very loud and Hi-Fi. I use PlayerPro alongside the Voodoo app.

I wish I had bought from Amazon before getting conned from horrible Currys/PC World.

Last edited by Artmuzz; 02-02-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:53 PM

I purchased my SGP5 from Amazon as they are the BEST customer service available if something goes wrong. As noted earlier by someone, a call to Amazon will immediatley send out a new on and pay for return postage for the defective one. I have had several Kindle and service has been phenominal thru them. The only thing purchased from Amazon thru a 3rd party was the HP Touchpad during fire sale, otherwise, I try to stay away from 3rd party sellers.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapperP View Post
I bought mine at Best Buy, and it was actually easy to open without breaking the seal. There was only one seal, so I just popped the box open from the other side.

I have no plans to return mine, but I always try to open stuff carefully so I can return it easily if needed. But yeah, it's very possible to open the SGP box without breaking the seal. Unless you have two seals(?)... mine only had the one.
I do the same thing too. Looking at my box, it has one seal on the side and it's not easy to just pull the other side open without bending or creasing it. The 5.0 box's lid comes down and completely covers all sides of the inner box. Maybe the 4.0 has a different box?

Old 02-13-2012, 07:30 AM

UPDATE: I never got the 10 credit for the package being opened. I emailed the company two weeks ago asking how I would obtain the credit but never heard back from them. Oh Well

Last edited by Artmuzz; 02-13-2012 at 07:42 AM.