android
Old 09-18-2011, 10:45 AM

Default R.I.P My Fuze!

This is my first Sansa MP3 player to die. Fortunately I have several, so I am not too heartbroken.
Actually, it still comes on, but is now not recognised on any of my pcs. I tried all the things you are supposed to, like trying to reinstall driver,but nothing works, so that's that. Don't think it was older than about a year, so will be taking the battery out for possible recycling.
Hoping now that I see Sansa have released the ClipZip, that a new version of the Fuze might be on the way.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearmarble View Post
This is my first Sansa MP3 player to die. Fortunately I have several, so I am not too heartbroken.
Actually, it still comes on, but is now not recognised on any of my pcs. I tried all the things you are supposed to, like trying to reinstall driver,but nothing works, so that's that. Don't think it was older than about a year, so will be taking the battery out for possible recycling.
Hoping now that I see Sansa have released the ClipZip, that a new version of the Fuze might be on the way.
Let the Fuze battery die down completely (ie leave it on for a day or whatever). Then see if it comes back.

Based on the last few years...next Fuze due Aug-Sept 2012.

Steve

Old 09-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Are you sure the problem isn't the cable, or a dirty connector on the player?

Old 09-22-2011, 05:24 PM

Thanks for the advice FreeZ5. In the process of running battery down, buying a charger and seeing if it will at least charge up, so that then at least I could have the option of playing off the micro sd card.
JK98, not the cable. Not sure about connector, but doubt it's that.
Thanks for the advice anyhow.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:09 AM

I had the same issue with my new Fuze after installing RockBox and removing without ejecting properly (very important by the way) - the PC found a "unrecognized USB device" only.
the solution for me was to press and hold the |<< button when turning on, which boots the original fuze firmware, then format it, and reinstall (manually) the original firmware. after that it all worked, and I re-installed Rockbox. working great :-)