I've never found a way to make handbrake work, what I have used for DVDs is:
First you need to download virus check and install Auto Gordian Knot (works in xp and Win 7 64 bit)
How to transfer DVDs to Zen using AutoGK (otherwise lipsync is all shot)
1) Copy to hard drive using DVD shrink or if the DVD is a copy just copy.
This will not work if you include menus, just the main movie.
2) Remember to include a minute or so of titles at the end as AVI transfer to Zen always loses 10-15 seconds
3) In autoGK:
a) Input file = VTS_01_0.IFO for whole movie
b) Output file= serenity.avi (suggested by program)
c) Audio track=first (top) one = stream 0
d) subtitle normally none
e) Custom size 500Mb works fine on PC and zen
250Mb bit iffy
Quality setting. 75% looks OK gives file size of under 400K - OK for Zen
4) Autogk advanced settings
a) Fixed width= 320
b) CBR MP3 128k
5) Hit preview and wait for 3-4 mins -it takes ages- and check all is OK
6) Add Job - optional when finished shut down if overnight
8) Wait 1-2 hours
9) Transfer the AVI to Zen or SD card
Can't remember where you choose forced subtitles, eg when the bad guys are speaking in Arabic/ Russian/ Klingon etc. I think DVD shrink.
Hope this helps
I'm not on here often so don't expect a quick reply if you have follow-up questions
Of course you must always make backups of DVDs that you have already purchased.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.