android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players > General MP3 Player / PMP Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanwhile View Post
This is a failure of very basic logic on your part.

1. I didn't quote Redwine as experts: I quoted them as evidence that people with Apple players don't think they are the same as each other.
Don't bullshit me. You held up several obviously untrustworthy/stupid links and appealed to their authority. You did this because you can't tell the difference between snakeoil and the real thing.

Quote:
3. If I had misunderstood Redwine, that would mean nothing at all concerning the validity of the quote from nwavguy. It is either correct or incorrect regardless of its route of transmission to you. That you do not understand this is, frankly, weird.
Quote me making a statement about "the validity of the quote from nwavguy" (in this thread at least).

Seriously. Do it. You can't of course, because I didn't question the validity of it, I just pointed out that you had no idea what it meant.

Quote:
More, one abx test does not produce absolute certainty that two players sound the same! It just proves they sound the same ***to that individual***, with whatever IEMs or phones he used. To make meaningful generalizations about what other people will probably hear, you need a pretty large population of test subjects and repeated tests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
That would be quite impressive since its impossible to show that two things sound the same with an ABX test.
If your'e going to talk about ABX tests, you might want to look up what they do and how they work!

Quote:
- Measurements taken by a competent engineer suggest that the clip and pod will sound different to at least some people, with some iems/phones.
They absolutely do not suggest such a thing. Measurements of tiny difference say nothing about audibility. They reveal only ... tiny differences.

Quote:
No person who understood what an ABX test can actually do would disregard this until a considerable population of test results said otherwise.
'No person who understood what an ABX test can actually do would disregard this until [something an ABX cannot do]'

Irony.

Anyway, you've obviously never done any ABX testing, nor do you have a grasp on how to interpret quantitative measurements, so why are you arguing about them with people who have done ABX testing and understand measurements? You should have just shut your mouth when you held up those obviously wrong test results as truth, and then tried to figure out how you were so completely fooled by those sites. Now you're just making a fool of yourself.

Tags
earphones, equaliser, j3, sansa