android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2012, 03:08 PM

Default NavFree/GPS issue

After using NavFree for a few weeks, my GPS suddenly wouldn't turn on. Even with the box checked to use GPS, the icon would not appear in the tray at the top of the screen. And whenever I would open NavFree it would tell me that the GPS was off. There was no loss of GPS functionality because if I was connected to wifi and opened Google Navigation, the GPS icon would then appear on the screen and my current position would show on the Google map.

So I deleted Navfree and reinstalled and that appears to have solved that part of the problem. Unfortunately, it is now asking me to download what maps I need. I believe that when I deleted NavFree, I only deleted the program and not the maps. Thus the maps (USA) should still be on my unit. As I said, it is now asking me to download maps before letting me use the software but curiously the USA map is not among the choices, which leads me to believe that it recognizes that the USA maps are still on my unit.

I figured I would find the maps via Windows and delete them that way but I can't find them. So were they actually deleted in the first place? And if so, why isn't it giving me the option of reinstalling them?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]