android
Old 02-06-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
The OF is about 3dB louder at full volume than Rockbox at 0dB, indeed.
In return, RB can go to +3 dB without clipping a 0 dBFS sine, so ultimately highest achievable volume should be the same.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-10-2012, 05:29 PM

Exclamation No themes on RB Clip Zip

Good day i just browse to the Rockbox theme page and there are no available themes for clipzip (as well as fuze+)

Old 02-11-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3rd View Post
Good day i just browse to the Rockbox theme page and there are no available themes for clipzip (as well as fuze+)
You sure? http://themes.rockbox.org/.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Administrator

The themes were gone for a while. gaeverts said on the Rockbox forums that there was a technical issues on the theme site. Some of them are back as of now.

I'm guessing there's still some kinks to work out either on the site or with the themes themselves. AFAIK the site won't present broken themes so it may be the issue that came up here.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:30 AM

Haven't update for days. Is rockbox stable enough? I haven't found any bug yet.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhanzc View Post
Haven't update for days. Is rockbox stable enough? I haven't found any bug yet.
For everyone except me, yes... Sadly, I hear some clicks from time to time in the right channel (OF works perfectly ok), but this problem seems to be related only to my player as I haven't seen anybody else complaining about this issue

Old 02-19-2012, 07:25 PM

Hey guys, sup.
So i've been using rockbox in my clip zip for about 2 weeks now. I've been having this weird problem, when i skip tracks, mostly when it's skipping to a track that is in the SD, the player hangs and i have to reset it. Haven't updated in a few days, is this fixed or is there any workaround? I'll update now to see.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:36 PM

Exclamation Need help with Pitch Detector and Doom Plugin

My pitch detector does not work properly. The first time I used it, after changing the volume threshold and listening volume, it worked perfectly and could even detect the faintest sounds. But subsequently, when I used pitch detector again, it could only detect very loud sounds. When I changed the volume threshold to 10 or 5, showed a pitch of B when no sound were played and even when another pitch was played.

Also, Freedom used to work on my player until I tried to add-on wads to it. Now, even when there is no addon, there is an error message "Data abort at 307B86B4 FSR 0x8 (domain 0, fault address 0xEA0000)" whenever I load Freedom. My other Dooms work as I did not try adding on any wad.

Please help. Thanks!

Old 02-21-2012, 04:35 PM

New patched build: 120221-bf4edb3M-sansaclipzip (FS#9305, FS#11304, FS#12075, Meier v4, channel swap, keymap) - dfkt

I changed my ugly Meier crossfeed hack to use the standard value of Bertrik's Meier v3 (7fff...) for "Meier 1" and the maximum value of the older Meier v2 (ffff...) for "Meier 2". [Diff]

Also changed the keymap a bit - while browsing lists, a short press on the power button brings you now back to the WPS (and menu + center stops playback while in lists). Also removed the annoying pitch screen - it was driving me crazy when it gets pressed in my pocket by accident, and I never use it. [Diff]

Old 02-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Were you opposed to using Home (or whatever its called on the Zip) for returning to the WPS? I'm saw funman and bertrik were ok with mapping that WPS/Radio (FS#12288, the last patch). Either works for me, but I tend to think Home is just a little more obvious then power. Plus home is a little easier to hit on the Clipv1/v2.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:14 PM

Yeah, Home would be the more obvious choice, but it's already mapped to return-to-mainmenu, or to one-level-up in a list hierarchy (which sometimes appears to be the same as using the left button, but sometimes isn't, or at least it seems to me that way - kinda confusing mapping).

I would be fine with Home for return-to-WPS, but I guess then return-to-mainmenu needs to be remapped to something else, like eg. the power button? There's not a lot of choices left.

I uploaded the patch to the tracker, but you probably already saw that - http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/12596

Old 02-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Administrator

I'd say go for it...either way is good as far as I'm concerned. I had tried other keymaps from other custom builds in the past but none worked as well as this one by dfkt. However thinking about it, a one button return to the WPS from the Home button seems like it would also work well.

I understand that the WPS isn't strictly speaking Home. That would be the Main menu. But being able to use a single button push get to a spot where you can control playback and then move easily to any other menus would be very convenient. For me that spot would be the WPS.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:21 AM

Many many thanks for the keymap changes on the new patched build. It makes perfect sense to me to have the power button return to WPS. Now it works the way I always thought it should.
Also if I held down the pause button a nanosecond too long I would get that maddening pitch screen, which I could live with had the player actually paused! I can't begin to tell you how I hated that. Looks like you wiped it off the face of the Earth, R.I.P. stupid pitch screen

Old 02-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

I committed the Home key to WPS patch.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Heart.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Works for me as well.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Very nice - and it's actually complementary to my keymap patch, not quite the same functionality (which I didn't realize before). The one you committed only affects the main menu, while mine works anywhere, in any list.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:47 PM

New patched build: 120229-e8c7d10M-sansaclipzip (FS#9305, FS#11304, FS#12075, Meier v4, channel swap, keymap) - dfkt

Configurable main menu rocks.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:34 PM

Hi how do I access the configurable main menu settings?

Old 03-02-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlap View Post
Hi how do I access the configurable main menu settings?
Are you referring to customising the main menu?

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc