android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze > Sansa Fuze Rockbox

Old 03-01-2012, 04:09 PM

Thanks for all the great stuff in this post and on Rockbox.org

I couldn't download any of the custom builds, so I tried for myself to recompile Rockbox 3.10 with the patch http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/12074
and it worked, I now have a Line Out option for my Sandisk Sansa Fuze v2

I couldn't get the patch to work with the patch tool so I manually edited the four modified files based on the info in the patch file. It all worked fine.

The settings is even remembered after power-off and power-on.

It all took me a few hours, getting the development environment on Ubuntu ( haven't worked in Linux for years ) and get the difference from the patch in the 3.10 source, but it was well worth a good night computing.

Thanks again.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-03-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedv View Post
I couldn't download any of the custom builds, so I tried for myself to recompile Rockbox 3.10 with the patch http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/12074
and it worked, I now have a Line Out option for my Sandisk Sansa Fuze v2...

It all took me a few hours, getting the development environment on Ubuntu ( haven't worked in Linux for years ) and get the difference from the patch in the 3.10 source, but it was well worth a good night computing.
Be nice to have the Line Out option. So if you don't mine sharing your build via MediaFire or some other host, I'd appreciate it.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:50 AM

I would love to get my hands on that build to, could even see myself transfer a fee via Paypal to get it. I have no clue how to patch that myself and have no experience what so ever regarding that... I know I cannot do it, I can flash a sansa though and I also understand that every time I do so it is on me should it break down?

Old 03-11-2012, 01:57 PM

Was away for a few days, but you can pick it up here

http://members.casema.nl/tedv/rockbox-full.zip

As said, for the Sansa Fuze v2

No guarantees of course but feel free to post your results or troubles

You need to copy the .rockbox over your own .rockbox folder on the Sansa (when booted in normal Sandisk mode) (left on keypad + poweron)

If you don't have Rockbox on it yet, just install it with the normal installer you can find on the rockbox.org site. Only when you have Rockbox 3.10 working, copy over the files.

Good luck

Old 03-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
If you don't have Rockbox on it yet, just install it with the normal installer you can find on the rockbox.org site. Only when you have Rockbox 3.10 working, copy over the files.
You don't need to do this. When you copy it over an existing built (like 3.10), everything from the old build is erased anyway. So just copying this to a new install will work the same as copying over an old one

Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 AM

OK, since I did not know if either fark or penhaven already had rockbox on their Fuze, I figured the safest way to get it for them was to install 3.10 the regular way and then copy over the custom build

Old 03-12-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
OK, since I did not know if either fark or penhaven already had rockbox on their Fuze, I figured the safest way to get it for them was to install 3.10 the regular way and then copy over the custom build
thanks for this, i have tested it and it worked, didnt know where the setting was located at first.

Last edited by jmwreck; 03-13-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:24 PM

Great!

For others, the settings is in

Settings -> General Settings -> System -> Line Out

Old 03-14-2012, 11:50 AM

Thumbs up

Thank you so much tedv, I really appriciate your help a lot!

Especially since I could not do this myself, but also cause you didn´t answer like somebody else did in a head fi thread: Do it yourself and learn...
Sure I understand it is a good thing to learn but I had no clue at all how to make it happen and no time to pursue it either, so all props to you and once again thanks you!

It does indeed work and your "little guide" was really easy to follow so I do finally have access to line out via this little wonderful rockbox 3.10 fw.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fark View Post
Thank you so much tedv, I really appriciate your help a lot!

Especially since I could not do this myself, but also cause you didn´t answer like somebody else did in a head fi thread: Do it yourself and learn...
Sure I understand it is a good thing to learn but I had no clue at all how to make it happen and no time to pursue it either, so all props to you and once again thanks you!

It does indeed work and your "little guide" was really easy to follow so I do finally have access to line out via this little wonderful rockbox 3.10 fw.

I'd rather use the headphone-out with the volume set at 0db and use a current build, ensuring full USB support.....but that's me!

Old 03-14-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I'd rather use the headphone-out with the volume set at 0db and use a current build, ensuring full USB support.....but that's me!
luckily its a free world and we all can choose what we want :-)

by the way, i thought 3.10 is the latest stable build? i haven't tried usb support actually, i just use a microsd card since i got a 2gb refurbed fuze, i'll try it later today

Old 03-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
luckily its a free world and we all can choose what we want :-)

by the way, i thought 3.10 is the latest stable build? i haven't tried usb support actually, i just use a microsd card since i got a 2gb refurbed fuze, i'll try it later today
It was forked in October, so its a little out of date. I recommend trying something newer, given all the fixes for things like USB and theming since then.