android
Old 02-24-2012, 12:16 PM

Default Question about Podcasts on S-544

Does the S-544 have podcast functionality? I know I can make a podcast playlist of MP3's - but can I get the functionality where it holds your spot?

I don't see the circular podcast icon on the screen of the S-544 ( here's a picture from Amazon ), so I'm not sure.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Walkman-S...0097503&sr=8-3

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If you want good podcast functionality, then get a Sandisk Clip+ or Fuze(not the Fuze+). These players will let you play some podcasts in an album of podcasts, switch to playing music, turn off the player, then it will remember which podcast file in the series you were playing last, and your place in it. I know of no other brands of players that will do this.

The Sony players won't support mp3 files under 32kb/s. Some pocasts and lectures on the net are only at 16 or 24 kbps. I would hate to have to convert the files.

A 2GB Clip+ is only $30. it has a micro SDHC card slot, so you could add a $15 16GB card, or a $30 32GB card, and have a $45 18GB player, or a $60 34GB player.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:08 PM

I think podcast support only came to s series players in the latest release.

I got the S764 and the podcast support is good. It keeps track of where you are in a podcast file, which podcast you were listening to if you switch out to musicband you can delete the file once you're done.

If you use media go, the podcast software function is good. It has a little tick next to anything that's on your player. I set up a view setting to sort podcasts by the most recently downloaded and just select and send anything that's not ticked.

By being able delete on the player, it means I don't have to go back and delete podcasts on my computer and then do a tedious sync like in itunes.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:16 PM

Look for three broken concentric circles on the home screen to determine podcast support.
S500: no podcast support.
Other recent S-series, yes (I think it's all other S-series).
E-350 series, yes.

On all with podcast support, the content *must* be in the second level folder like this: \Podcasts\[someOtherFolder]\audiofile.mp3
That strict folder level restriction is buried in the manual, and doesn't apply to Music, Video, or Pictures.