android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players > General MP3 Player / PMP Discussion

Old 03-31-2012, 12:03 PM

Default How the HECK do I make playlists on the Sansa Clip+? Is it even possible?

Jesus H Christ, its easier to make playlists on my freaking PSP. I can't seem to find a method that works.

I read online that Mediamonkey works to create playlists that work on Sansa Clip +. I downloaded it, but I can't get the playlists to work.

I tried VLC Media Player, those playlists don't work either.

I rockboxed it thinking making playlists would be easier, but I can't get them to work through rockbox either.

What the heck do I do?

All I want is to make a few playlists...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Not sure about the sandisk firmware, but rockbox uses standard m3u files produced by virtually all software.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:22 PM

A quick search brought up these results you might want to read:
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62502
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28804
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=28804
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=39119

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 03-31-2012, 12:29 PM

I've used m3u files and they don't work....

Old 03-31-2012, 12:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Funny, I've had absolutely no problems making m3u playlists on my original Clip and Clip+.

The keys for me are...MSC mode, put the songs on the player first, save the playlist to the player.

Steve

Old 03-31-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi View Post
I've used m3u files and they don't work....
Do the m3u files actually point to files on the player? If the files in the playlist aren't on the device they won't work.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:34 PM

well of course they're on the device...

I've opened up the m3u files in notepad and they're all definitely link back to the directories on my Sansa Clip+

is there an easy way to just create playlists on Rockbox? Like I create a playlist, name it and then select all the songs that I want for it like I would in Windows Media Player or something? The manual isn't any help at all.

edit*

K, I think I may have finally done it using Rockbox. Will toy around with it a bit more and report back later on today.

edit*

Okay, I got ONE playlist to finally working. I created it on the player itself using Rockbox.

I have another problem though. I used the RockBox Utility to automatically install Rockbox on my Clip+. I have firmware 3.10... I can't connect it to my PC because apparently the USB function isn't included in this firmware. What firmware do I need to be at to be able to use Rockbox with USB? By the way, to add songs to my Clip+, lately I've had to use the dual boot feature to boot up the official firmware if I need to connect it to the PC.

Last edited by Tsukuyomi; 03-31-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi View Post
I have another problem though. I used the RockBox Utility to automatically install Rockbox on my Clip+. I have firmware 3.10... I can't connect it to my PC because apparently the USB function isn't included in this firmware. What firmware do I need to be at to be able to use Rockbox with USB? By the way, to add songs to my Clip+, lately I've had to use the dual boot feature to boot up the official firmware if I need to connect it to the PC.
3.10 is a stable build from last fall. USB support was added over the holidays. If you want USB, rerun the installer and choose "install rockbox" and when prompted choose the current build.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:43 PM

Alright, so it looks like I solved the playlist issue. I still don't know how to make playlists compatible with my clip+ using external software, but I'm able to do it on the device itself using Rockbox. I've created 3 so far... Its exactly what I wanted so no need for any external software.

I'm chargning my Clip's battery right now. Will update to latest build when its done.