android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen V

Old 04-02-2012, 12:38 PM

Default Zen V Plus Joystick Issue -Software or Hardware?

I had my Zen V+ plugged into micro-stereo via headphone jack to phono connector. Playback was ok at first. Suddenly the track started to skip and then fast forward through each track even when not touching any buttons.
I did a paper clip reset and on restarting the device, I was stuck at the top of the menu: on "music library" or "play music from playlist" options - meaning I cannot scroll down the menu list. However, if I push to accept the current option, it does sometimes let me scroll down the sub-menu.
When pressing the power on & play buttons together to get the reset menu - again I am stuck on the top item "clean up" option. Doing a clean up does not cure the problem. I am unable to move down the list so I can do a format which I would like to try. I did a firmware upgrade to latest version- made no difference.
The device docks correctly, switches on/off ok, and apart from the problem with scrolling the menus, seems to be functioning ok.
Would you say this is a hardware problem with the joystick? I am not sure because at times the button seems to work (eg sub-menu).
At the time of writing it is playing a track in the first playlist ok. A moment ago it kept fast-forwarding, but I was still able to rewind and pause with the joystick. When I pressed the back button and moved back one menu level - the track played normally. So now I am on the playlists menu with the first item highlighted, (track playing normally) but now I cannot step back another menu using the back button. This suggests it's not just a joystick hardware issue.
There's lots of info out there on freezing of Zen V, but this is a bit different. Any help/suggestions appreciated.
PS is there another way to initiate format?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
format, joystick, reset