android
Old 03-24-2012, 11:19 AM

Default YP-G70 Camera reversed on most apps

Some apps have always been backwards on the camera, but with the last couple of updates most of the camera apps have the image reversed on the viewer.
Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution?

Stock Galaxy Player 5.0 US Firmware 2.3.5 Kernel 2.6.15-7

TIA

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-24-2012, 12:26 PM

If you are referring to the front facing camera, this has been discussed on several threads here, but I don't believe that there is any solution until the Devs update the internal code in either their Apps or the Android OS.
It should be noted however, that in most cases you will find the image mirrored in landscape mode. Many find this arrangement preferable for video chat or conferencing. In Portrait mode though, the upside down image is pretty universally annoying. It should also be noted that the correct image is normally transmitted to the viewers on the other end.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:57 PM

I had a camera app - Camera360 that originally had the correct orientation of the viewed picture to be taken - and then after an update the image flipped left to right (mirrored) using the rear camera. The photo taken is correct. This also happens with Google Goggles. It does not happen with the stock camera on my SGP5.

The Camera 360 app has an adjustment for the image to look normal and has three alternate positions - none of these corrects the SGP image on the screen. I have emailed with the developers who say that they will try to correct this - as the app originally had the correct orientation of the image on the screen.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:17 PM

Thanks for the replies. Skwatch, I'm having the same problem that 1776 has with the rear camera.

The rear camera was on the of the main selling points over an Ipod Touch for me, unfortunately about half of the 3rd party camera apps have the rear camera image wrong in some way, most notably Google Googles, HDR+ and after the last update Camera360.

Camera360 has a fix which addresses specific angles (it's a little cryptic) but even "fixed" if you angle the image its still mirrored in an unusual way where the image is correct, but you lean in one direction and the image angles in the opposite direction, which is the problem HDR+ and Google Goggles have.

I was wondering if it could be fixed in firmware or if the device has some unusual interface to the hardware which apps have to workaround.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderant View Post
Thanks for the replies. Skwatch, I'm having the same problem that 1776 has with the rear camera.

The rear camera was on the of the main selling points over an Ipod Touch for me, unfortunately about half of the 3rd party camera apps have the rear camera image wrong in some way, most notably Google Googles, HDR+ and after the last update Camera360.

Camera360 has a fix which addresses specific angles (it's a little cryptic) but even "fixed" if you angle the image its still mirrored in an unusual way where the image is correct, but you lean in one direction and the image angles in the opposite direction, which is the problem HDR+ and Google Goggles have.

I was wondering if it could be fixed in firmware or if the device has some unusual interface to the hardware which apps have to workaround.
what firmware do you have? could you post a pic of the problem , so i could check if the new EU 2.3.6 firmware have solved the problem.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:19 PM

The firmware in my USA - SGP 5.0 is 2.3.5. I can't get a screen shot to show you, but simply, if it should look like XYZ - the view screen looks like ZYX. The actual produced photo looks correct.This only happens in the view display.

It does not happen with the stock camera app. It does also happen with Google Goggles. Almost every app that uses the camera, but the stock camera app, has this mirrored display.

I can understand that bugs come up - but that is what firmware updates are for -and I am not sure I would ever purchase another Samsung anything, if this is how they abandon their customers. We should not have to rely upon software hobbyists (no negative intended to anyone) to update the SGP for us. These players are supposed to be competition for Ipod Touch. Well, the Ipod Touch is regularly updated no matter what version you started out with with the obvious exception of hardware changes.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapioco2000 View Post
what firmware do you have? could you post a pic of the problem , so i could check if the new EU 2.3.6 firmware have solved the problem.
Thanks. The easiest test is to install Goggles (not sure about the link but try: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...BzLnVudmVpbCJd)
If it's available in your app store. The image is reversed.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Thanks. The easiest test is to install Goggles (not sure about the link but try: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...BzLnVudmVpbCJd)
If it's available in your app store. The image is reversed.
just tested goggles with rear camera, it's seems normal. The image of the screen with googgles is the same of the stock camera app

Old 03-29-2012, 10:30 PM

So the USA 2.3.5 firmware has the issue, but the EU 2.3.6 has it fixed. I wonder if we can get Samsung to give us parity with our European brothers?

Old 03-31-2012, 03:34 AM

Quote:
So the USA 2.3.5 firmware has the issue, but the EU 2.3.6 has it fixed. I wonder if we can get Samsung to give us parity with our European brothers?
i hope very quickly, with 2.3.6 wifi is better!

Old 04-01-2012, 09:09 PM

Do you think we can install the 2.3.6 EU firmware on the American model? Would rooting make a difference or is firmware different?

Old 04-03-2012, 02:19 PM

camera zoom fx seems to be the only app without the reverse image on the SGP5...

maybe someone from this thread will know if 2.3.6 solves the problem:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=68294

Old 05-02-2012, 10:49 PM

If I purchased Camera360 Ultimate and I get the old apk for 2.x can I uninstall the 3.x install the 2.x and have Google Play license it? That version worked and didn't have all the instagram junk.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:45 PM

hey anyone found a solution yet? i've pretty much gotten used to the reverse image at this point, but it'd still be nice to get this fixed..

Old 06-18-2012, 12:01 AM

The solution is to use the stock camera. It seems that Camera Zoom FX seems to work but that is the only one. Everything else reverses - and you have to wonder what Samsung built in to result in this. And they apparently don't care.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:40 AM

I think, despite Samsung making a great device, their camera firmware/stock camera pretty much sucks. Between their horribly long shutter lag, the constant freezes, and what they have done with creating this bug for other camera apps...they should be chastised and taunted. And no, they dont' care. There's been no mention of android/firmware update for these devices that I've heard about.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:19 AM

Solved! (At least for 4.0, maybe 5.0 too).
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1848595