android
Old 04-07-2012, 07:34 AM

Default Fuze+ Rockbox = Perfect Fuze+?

Hey guys,

Its been a rough road for me in terms of PMPs. I've had 2 Sansa E series, both broke. My 4th Gen iPod Nano wont boot and is stuck on the apple logo, and now my iPod Shuffle rip off Sylvannia MP3 player's buttons just fell out. TIger direct has a $40 deal on the Sansa Fuze + 8GB, but I've heard its really laggy. I used to have Rockbox on my old Sansa E series, and I was wondering if I put Rockbox in the Fuze+, will it get rid of all the UI issues? (Lag, bad button mapping, etc)

Thanks guys!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanskylineN1 View Post
Hey guys,

Its been a rough road for me in terms of PMPs. I've had 2 Sansa E series, both broke. My 4th Gen iPod Nano wont boot and is stuck on the apple logo, and now my iPod Shuffle rip off Sylvannia MP3 player's buttons just fell out. TIger direct has a $40 deal on the Sansa Fuze + 8GB, but I've heard its really laggy. I used to have Rockbox on my old Sansa E series, and I was wondering if I put Rockbox in the Fuze+, will it get rid of all the UI issues? (Lag, bad button mapping, etc)

Thanks guys!
The touch controls still suck, even with Rockbox installed. You'd be better off getting a Clip+ or Clip Zip and installing Rockbox.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
The touch controls still suck, even with Rockbox installed. You'd be better off getting a Clip+ or Clip Zip and installing Rockbox.
+1 agreed, I'd pass on the fuze +, no I'm wrong, I'd run from it

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 04-07-2012, 11:03 AM

Allrighty then, I shall avoid it with all costs. I do like the Clip+ but I have a few concerns with it:

1) I have medium-large fingers. Are the buttons easy to use with fingers like mine?

2) The screen is pretty small as I understand, but is it so small that it makes it a hassle to scroll through a long list?

And Marvin, are you the same Marvin the Martian from the old Sansa forums?

Old 04-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
1) I have medium-large fingers. Are the buttons easy to use with fingers like mine?
2) The screen is pretty small as I understand, but is it so small that it makes it a hassle to scroll through a long list?
1) I wear XL size gloves, and have no problems with the buttons on the Clip+ or original Clip. The Clip Zip has smaller buttoms (different shape too). I haven't used the Zip too much yet so I'm not used to the buttons yet, but I haven't had any real problems using the Zip in the dark.

2) Kind of a weird comment "as you understand". Yes the Clip+ screen is small (better than no screen at all). So is the entire player. It scrolls pretty quickly through a list, and I usually power right past where I wanted to be. Just like I usually do on the 23" screen on my PC.

Steve

Old 04-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
And Marvin, are you the same Marvin the Martian from the old Sansa forums?
I certainly am.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:51 AM

Allrighty then, I'll probably pick up a Sansa Clip+ 8GB sometime today at Tiger Direct for about $42.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I certainly am.
What happened to those forums?

Old 04-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
What happened to those forums?
They're still there.....

Old 05-30-2012, 03:37 PM

If it helps I just bought one and am very happy with it. Navigation isn't difficult at all and it sounds great. Just don't try to do it while driving. For $50 I paid for it I'm very happy