android
Old 05-03-2012, 04:21 PM

Help Droid Ice Cream Sandwich On 4.0 & 5.0?

Noticed that the 3.6 & 4.2 Galaxy Player /Galaxy S Wifi models coming out soon will get an eventual upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400827,00.asp

Anyone know if the 4.0 & 5.0 Galaxy Player/Galaxy S Wifi models will also get the upgrade?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Samsung Moderator

No, they won't.
That has already been said thousand times here, please do a forum search before opening a new thread

Old 05-03-2012, 05:38 PM

That's another reason why I'm waiting for the 4.2. It wouldn't matter to me if it don't get ICS, but it would be nice to have the latest update on a new device. I'm going to wait for reviews first on the 4.2 though before I buy it, because it could turn out like the 3.6 where most people dislike it, mainly due to the horrible screen.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
No, they won't.
That has already been said thousand times here, please do a forum search before opening a new thread
Y a-t-il des raisons a?

Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 PM

I think the 4.2 is pretty much the same except I noticed that it has the same processor and it actually has a WORSE camera. I read it is down to 2 mega pixels down from the galaxy player 4's 3.2 MP. to me this seems like a downgrade. Someone care to shed some light on this?

Old 05-03-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
No, they won't.
I have not seen anything official from Samsung that they will never update the 4.0 or 5.0 to ICS. And the forum discussions about this - which I have participated in - have been speculation. Whether they do or they don't remains to be seen.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I really don't care if my 5.0 "officially" ends up with ICS or not. With all the various ROMs out there, I think there are plenty of options to choose from.

Maybe I'll change my mind when ICS arrives on my Galaxy Tab, but for now I like my SGP just fine the way it is.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:51 AM

Android is about leaving it to other experienced people to create things for these devices,it doesn't need to be "official." from Samsung,anyone can create a ROM for these devices,well anyone who is experienced with this that is lol But the point is the custom ROM groups have these devices covered.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:22 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3602 View Post
Y a-t-il des raisons a?
Please only post in English on ABI
The official reason is the same as for the Galaxy S smartphone.
An unofficial reason is certainly that the effort is not worth it for Samsung regarding the sales figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1776 View Post
I have not seen anything official from Samsung that they will never update the 4.0 or 5.0 to ICS. And the forum discussions about this - which I have participated in - have been speculation. Whether they do or they don't remains to be seen.
Samsung don't make that kind of official statements for mp3 players.
Maybe people speculate here. As insider, I give information, that's the difference

Last edited by lebellium; 05-04-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Please only post in English on ABI
The official reason is the same as for the Galaxy S smartphone.
An unofficial reason is certainly that the effort is not worth it for Samsung regarding the sales figures.
Hostie je pensais que Smsng fait pas comme les autres pis nous laisser suspendre dans l'vide. Anyway j'espre que quelqu'un va faire un installation truqu l'aide du CWM ou chais pas trop quoi.

Geez I thought that Samsung won't leave us hanging here like some other manufacturers. Anyway I do hope that someone performs a custom installation with CWM or something like that.

EDIT: Un autre affaire de profits h? Mais anyway quess que Ice Cream Sandwich apporte aux utilisateurs que le pain de gingembre ne peut pas?

Profits again? But what's the advantage of employing ICS over Gingerbird anyway?