android
Old 04-27-2012, 10:02 PM

Default Help!! Wireless Logitech Z515 Suck

I'm looking at a wireless solution in my apartment to stream Pandora and other Internet radio stations from my Windows 7 laptop. My budget is approximately $130 right now, and I've never looked at wireless speakers so any assistance is very much appreciated!

I just got back from Best Buy and they had 2 speakers to choose from. 1 was $300 or $400 (forget which brand) and the other was the Logitech Z515 ($80). It sucks. No bass and it sounds thin. I wouldn't say tinny, but just thin. Like there's no substance behind the music. Needless to say I will be returning it tomorrow.

I'm not expecting huge sound at this price point, and nor do I really want huge sound either because I want to be respectful of my neighbors and not piss them off..after all I just moved in. But it needs to be a definite upgrade than the Logitech.

I found the Creative ZiiSound D3x at $127 on Amazon which is right at the top of my budget. I like that I can add another 2 units in the future plus a sub (hopefully neighbors won't mind ) and stream the same station throughout all my rooms. This is my ideal set-up. The only drawback is it needs to be plugged in to power it. Are there any small portable AC power units I could charge then plug into it?

Or are there any other wireless speakers at this price point that would allow me to add additional speakers and not require me to plug it into an outlet? I would want to add at least 1 more in the future. I'm open to any suggestions of other configurations too

Thanks again if anyone can help..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-28-2012, 08:58 AM

Here's another one to throw in the mix..

Brookstone's Big Blue ($150) -I love the way it looks, but I wonder if I can expand it to multiple speakers like the Creative's. The design looks fantastic though!

Old 04-28-2012, 09:02 AM

And the Monster iClarity ($120) -I just wonder how good it sounds. Seems so small and the other 2 are bigger so I figure probably sound better. At the same time these are made by monster so might not sound too shabby. But can I connect multiple speakers?

Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 PM

I tried the Creative D3x and I wasn't impressed at all. It was better than the Logitech 515, but still pretty painful to listen to. Lacked any bass response and there was no clarity. So not only did the SQ suck, it had to be plugged into the wall and the wire isn't very long.

I tried the Logitech Wireless Boombox which I'm happy with. It's a keeper for the price. I like that it's mobile, can keep a charge, and sounds decent for my mobile purposes of getting ready in the bathroom or if I'm hanging out on my patio and want decent sound. It's not audiophile but it's really cheap, has a full sound with decent bass (not basshead), with nice clean highs and mids (I know my music review needs work), but I'd definitely recommend them for anyone considering economical wireless speakers.

For my living room area, I am still researching various set-ups. Curse the Internet. My budget for my living room set-up has magically increased to $350..still needs to be able to stream from my laptop. Are there any high quality wireless adapter's that can be hooked up to receivers / consoles which will not suffer from audio degradation broadcasting a wireless signal? Audioengine W3 is the only one I've seen that looks good to me. It's $150, which only leaves me a budget of $200 for my speakers. Maybe I can get a cheap $100 receiver and a budget $100 set of speakers? Or maybe a $200 set of active bookshelf speakers...very confused

Old 06-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have the Creative D5 and S2 speakers and have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the two. The s2's are def better value for money ($70AUD vs $350AUD), but what yer paying extra for the D5 is a more compact/portable arrangement.
I'm not surprised to hear the Creative D3x on its own sounded bad. It's price tag alone tells me its not a D5 at all, but rather purchasing an individual speaker of a set (like buying just the centre speaker of a 5.1 sound system). I always thought the D3x was intended to require the sub and more of them in order to get the experience creative was intending.
Reciever/transmitter wise u might want to look at this http://www.amazon.co.uk/QED-uPLAY-WI.../dp/B003BF0OF2