android
Old 04-30-2012, 08:18 AM

Default Samsung Galaxy S Player 4.0 suspicious icons on startup

I have had my Samsung Galaxy S player 4.0 for a few months now and I have never had problems flashing ROMs and Kernels to my Samsung Galaxy S player 4.0 until now.

I put my SGP 4.0 into download mode then connected it to my computer. I then opened Odin v1.85 and selected PDA. I then tried to flash StEVE's v3.0 kernel but for the first time it failed the flash

I then tried to switch my SGP 4.0 back on but all I get coming up on the screen is a mobile phone icon and a computer icon with an exclimation mark in the middle of the icons. I have tried reset and putting it into download mode but I get the same icons on the screen. Does this mean my beloved Samsung Galaxy S 4.0 is bricked?

Please advise

IEM - Sony EX310LP, Panasonic HJE900, JVC FXC80, Sennheiser CX300II

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-30-2012, 09:04 AM

Problem sorted. I just flashed STEVE's older 2.1 kernel and now it is back working again.

IEM - Sony EX310LP, Panasonic HJE900, JVC FXC80, Sennheiser CX300II

Old 05-05-2012, 11:15 PM

I had problems with Odin 1.85 when trying to flash SteveS's kernel. I ended up using SGS kernel flasher (available on Market) with no problems. Later, when I decided to flash Klin's Klassic ROM (which includes SteveS kernel), I used Odin 1.3, and it worked without a hitch.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
I have had my Samsung Galaxy S player 4.0 for a few months now and I have never had problems flashing ROMs and Kernels to my Samsung Galaxy S player 4.0 until now.

I put my SGP 4.0 into download mode then connected it to my computer. I then opened Odin v1.85 and selected PDA. I then tried to flash StEVE's v3.0 kernel but for the first time it failed the flash

I then tried to switch my SGP 4.0 back on but all I get coming up on the screen is a mobile phone icon and a computer icon with an exclimation mark in the middle of the icons. I have tried reset and putting it into download mode but I get the same icons on the screen. Does this mean my beloved Samsung Galaxy S 4.0 is bricked?

Please advise
For the record it's some kind of default download built into like the bootloader or something that comes up when the regular download mode is corrupted, nothing to worry about just reflash your kernel or ROM of choice and you should be good.