android
Old 04-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Administrator

It connects every time on all the Windows machines I've tried on or off. That's WinXP SP3, Vista and Win7. Windows has reported the driver installation failed on the first connection at times. That's only been on the first ever connection and driver installation. Whenever I connected after that it's connected reliably if the player was on or off.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-30-2012, 03:30 PM

Same here.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:01 AM

As rockbox has a parametric EQ, and Sansa has a graphic EQ...

...is there any way thay I can find the "5 centre frequencies" which Sansa uses in their graphic EQ, so that I could put those values into the RB EQ, then by using the widest "Q Factor": 0.5, I may be able to replicate the Sansa EQ sound using Rockbox parametric EQ?

Cheers in advance of any advice.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:27 AM

Play a white noise file in the stock firmware and record the output of each EQ band separately to your computer. Check the file's frequency response or spectral analysis with Audacity or any other audio editor to find out the center frequency and bandwidth.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:40 AM

Cheers dfkt.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:09 PM

dfkt, is there any chance you could put together a bootloader which incorporates the latest Sansa Firmware : 01.01.20 ...

I only ask as it's handy to have the new OF on there - which is now compatible with class 10 32gb micro SD cards... should I want to use it.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:50 PM

Is it safe to delete the folders that start with ## ? I don't want to see them in file view if they aren't necessary. If not safe is there a way to hide them

Old 05-13-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiru880 View Post
dfkt, is there any chance you could put together a bootloader which incorporates the latest Sansa Firmware : 01.01.20 ...

I only ask as it's handy to have the new OF on there - which is now compatible with class 10 32gb micro SD cards... should I want to use it.

Thanks in advance.
Totally forgot that a new stock firmware is out... not that I ever use it.

Here's a new bootloader: sansaclipzip-01.01.20-rockbox_bootloader-120513-5f7d5b8.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
Is it safe to delete the folders that start with ## ? I don't want to see them in file view if they aren't necessary. If not safe is there a way to hide them
Yes, you can delete them. They're some MTP crap from the stock firmware, and take up over 100MB of memory.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:52 PM

Sorry, but the bootloder does not start

Old 05-13-2012, 03:55 PM

It works fine for me. Can you be more specific?

Old 05-13-2012, 03:57 PM

I beg your pardon. My fault. It works great.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:23 AM

hi there ! i got some small freezing problems.

short summary: i lost my rockboxed clip zip, i bought a new one and then installed rockbox again, because now i cant live without it.
(winXP SP2, current rockbox build from first post,tried with both bootloaders)

so i switched all settings like they were on my old zip (dfkt_minimum theme,fonts,timestrecht ON). everything is ok, but when i skip tracks it constantly freezes, so i have to restart.
i checked everything, because my "old" clip zip was totally stable. i recognized that there is no freeze, when timestrecht is disabled. (????)
i like this feature very much for audiobooks and never had any problems with rockbox at all. i thought it also could be the player, but on a third clip zip there is the same problem.

any advice? i really want to use timestrecht.

thanks in advance

kind regards

Last edited by fforet; 05-18-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Whats exact revision you're running?

Old 05-18-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fforet View Post

short summary: i lost my rockboxed clip zip, i bought a new one and then installed rockbox again, because now i cant live without it.

so i switched all settings like they were on my old zip (dfkt_minimum theme,fonts,timestrecht ON). everything is ok, but when i skip tracks it constantly freezes, so i have to restart.
i checked everything, because my "old" clip zip was totally stable. i recognized that there is no freeze, when timestrecht is disabled. (????)
i like this feature very much for audiobooks and never had any problems with rockbox at all. i thought it also could be the player, but on a third clip zip there is the same problem.

thanks in advance

kind regards
same problem here. reverted back to a week old build and it's fine for me.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Whats exact revision you're running?
you mean what rockbox build?

c9d082f-120513 tell me if i got you wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
same problem here. reverted back to a week old build and it's fine for me.
thank you mamamia88, i know it is not a big thing, but things like this drive me nuts.
that sounds good. where can i find older builds or can you give me the link to the one thats working for you?

again thanks for the quick advice

kind regards

Old 05-18-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:

Ok, so right after the pitch correction fixes went in, but before the theme fixes.

Heres what you need to do:

1) Update to the current build and see if its fixed since your build.
2) If its not, post a bug report on the rockbox bug tracker with a description of your crash and a copy of your config.cfg file so that jhMikeS knows theres apparently something still broken with the pitch/speed code.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:

thank you mamamia88, i know it is not a big thing, but things like this drive me nuts.
that sounds good. where can i find older builds or can you give me the link to the one thats working for you?

again thanks for the quick advice

kind regards
http://www.rockbox.org/dl.cgi?bin=sansaclipzip i'm running the 5/10 version

Old 05-19-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:

thanks in advance

kind regards
hi..i i am new to this forum. i had similar issue like yours. what i did was to disable dithering..it solved the problem for me..maybe you can try that if that is enabled..

Old 05-19-2012, 01:23 PM

i have owned clip zip since 2 months, its excellent device..got it rockboxed few days ago..only one word...AWESOME... so many things have been added to the rockbox firmware..everyone should install it in their player..
just a little hiccup for me in rockbox is that i have to browse folders and then play it..in stock firmware, it automatically makes the playlist and plays all the songs continuously.. is there anything for doing the the same in rockbox?

Old 05-19-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittuvns View Post
just a little hiccup for me in rockbox is that i have to browse folders and then play it..in stock firmware, it automatically makes the playlist and plays all the songs continuously.. is there anything for doing the the same in rockbox?
Depending on what you want exactly, some combination of the all tracks option in the database, inserting everything into a playlist, or turning on the option to skip from one directory to another in the file browser will each allow you to play everything on the player.

BTW, dithering is just some simple noise added to the output, I don't see that it has anything to do with skipping tracks, and enabling it doesn't crash if I try to skip tracks.