android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2012, 12:39 AM

Default New To FUZE- Multi-Issues- Lost Folders, FULL Memory after delete, Win98 help

Greetings Group,

I have been putting along on Win98, which so far, has done everything I need. Trying to connect my FUZE, which is reported to work (when you find correct drivers) on Win98 has been a challenge.

For my WIN98- I have drivers to make thumb drives, a cellphone (I use it to download pictures) and even a MYBOOK external hard drive works just fine on Win98. So I figured the FUZE would hop right on.

I searched for and found several DRIVERS that CLAIM to make a Fuze work in Win98. None worked for me.

Thru a USB extension cable, the FUZE does nothing on WIn98. Connected directly to the back of the PC… I get it to open 2 DRIVES(!): G and H on my PC. One has a FUZE tree (with audio, video, audiobooks, etc.) that shows NO FILES. The other shows nothing. Once it does that, the machine more or less freezes. Goes slow and you can't move files onto the FUZE. Then I have to reboot or my other thumb drives won't work. Fortunately, they still pop right up after a boot.

Thru WINXP, I managed to get MP3 files on the FUZE and listen to them. But there are problems. After transferring many folders, some seem to "combine." Or not show on the PC tree, but they show on access via the FUZE menu. (NOTE: My FUZE is set to MTC.)

Is it best to transfer files or folders in multiple sessions, with a removal of the cord to "update files" each time?

Another problem, when accessing a folder (just certain ones) to play via the FUZE menu, after hitting PLAY, the menu rapidly shuffles thru all the titles- wo playing any.

So, I decided to try and get things straight, I would delete all the files and start over.

But now that I have deleted all the files, removed the cord and put it back on, it won't allow me to put the files back! The memory is still at the FULL/USED level as before the deletion. This after several reboots and "updating files."

So where do I go from here? Do I reformat and then recopy the files?

(Will formatting delete the FUZE operating files? If so- How do I reinstall them- Online with the updater?)

Would I do better or worse, if it were set to MSC (I've had it on MTC.)? (I'd prefer my FUZE to act as an external HD.)

Is it possible (or helpful towards better play) to DEFRAG??? I have not been able to from my laptop in any way.

Thanx In Advance for any help!

Dr. Mark

Questions?/Comments? * This Has Been e-mail From:
"Dr. Mark" Hill * The Doctor Of Pop Culture /*/ drmark7@juno.com

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]