android
Old 12-02-2011, 11:06 AM

Default Galaxy 5.0 WiFi - Music player, lyrics?

Hi,
the stock Samsung Music player does all I need and has a better equalizer than any 3rd party app I have tried, the only problem is I can't work out how to get the lyrics to work:-(

The player has a Lyrics "skin", when this is active it displays the album art but both wma and mp3 files, which have lyrics simply produce a "no lyrics" message.

I have tried both embedded lyrics mp3 <tag> UNSYNCEDLYRICS and Synced lyrics in an .lrc file and embedded via the WMP Advanced Tag Editor without any luck.

Anyone know how to get lyrics working on the stock player?

R.
YP-G70CW/XEU (Original firmware)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I installed poweramp and the volume on the SGP 5.0 doubled, as well as having improved bass and the ability to auto download lyrics over wifi. Personally, as good as the stock Samsung music player is, poweramp is better IMO. YMMV,...

Old 12-02-2011, 01:37 PM

Default Tried - PowerAmp

Yep,
tried PowerAmp, not aware of any change in volume, like the interface and the fact it doesn't rely on media scanner. If I didn't prefer the equalizer in the stock player, I would go that route.

At the moment PowerAmp alone needs the lyric embedded in the "mp4 atom" according to their faqs and I can't find simple way to do that. The download option means having the Musixmatch plug-installed. Fine if the Lyrics are available to download. Musix are promising .lrc support but not available yet. May-be will revisit this option if nothing forthcoming on getting lyrics into the stock app but don't really want to pay for PowerAmp unless this is the only option.
R.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The volume on my 5.0 is doubled, as I could actually put it all the way to max volume (slightly uncomfortable) before, and now it's WAAAAAAYYYYYY to loud to do it.

As for the lyrics, I didn't test it out - but I use PowerAMP to auto-download my (sometimes after a transfer) album art.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:27 PM

I've had no problems with album art with PowerAmp yet, just like my Samsung P3 player, the stock Galaxy player refuses to display the art on certain FLAC files. I've also found that MoboPlayer will play Xvid files that are perfectly valid yet the stock Galaxy video player says are all messed up.

It's so wonderful not to be locked into Samsung grouchy software any more!

Old 12-03-2011, 01:08 PM

Default Album Art off subject.

Hi,
No sure why we have drifted off to Album Art, the question is about LYRIC support and how to make lyrics work on the stock Samsung player.

To be clear I have looked at every 3rd party music player with a half decent score on Android Market. None of them are great when it comes to lyric support.

The best I have found for Lyrics is MIUI, which is a pretty cool and a good all round except for no equalizer. Well it has a preference to enable it but on the YP-G70CW this appears to have no effect. Anyone know why? is it a 2.2/2.3 OS issue?
R.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:07 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened to this thread either, but I was wondering if ANYONE was able to view the Lyrics (or any tag info) through the stock music player?

Thanks.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:00 AM

Default Tune wiki

Tune Wiki streams lyrics when connected.
(even some of my Latin music)