android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 04-25-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
Thanks for that link.
Its a pretty basic unit!
Nothing on the market for a nightstand/alarm clock dock...even for the Galaxy Note.
Check the Best Buy sale this week. iHome has just come out with an android clock radio dock that has a sliding micro usb connection. I think model is ic50? On sale this week for $49.99. Haven't gone to check it out as yet, but states it will also work with side charge connectors.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-18-2012, 10:18 AM

FWIW,

Many of us have whined about the short power/data cable Samsung included with our SGP.

I just received Sammy power/data cables I bought off Amazon that are 5 feet (60 inches) long & were only $2.30 a piece with free shipping; so for less than $10 you can get 3 decent extra cables.

The link is HERE

Have a Magical Day

Old 05-22-2012, 04:54 PM

What's the best case for this player? I just got my player from Amazon today and have been looking around and can't seem to decide on one. Does anyone have the Ringke case from Rearth.com? Is the quality worth the $16 over the $5 cases from China on eBay? Or should I just get an awesome looking skin from Skinomi or Zagg?

Old 05-22-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshanizzle View Post
What's the best case for this player? I just got my player from Amazon today and have been looking around and can't seem to decide on one. Does anyone have the Ringke case from Rearth.com? Is the quality worth the $16 over the $5 cases from China on eBay? Or should I just get an awesome looking skin from Skinomi or Zagg?
I've got the Ringke case on my 4.0, it was a great fit when I first got it but from all the times i've taken it off (20-30 by now probably, don't ask) its stretched out, not enough for the player to fall out or anything but it does shift around some, have no idea the quality of the ebay china stuff as I make it a general rule not to buy that crap.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel644 View Post
I've got the Ringke case on my 4.0, it was a great fit when I first got it but from all the times i've taken it off (20-30 by now probably, don't ask) its stretched out, not enough for the player to fall out or anything but it does shift around some, have no idea the quality of the ebay china stuff as I make it a general rule not to buy that crap.
Haha, thanks for the feedback. Is the Ringke case a soft and squishyfeel polymer? Or does it have some stiffness to it?

Old 05-30-2012, 09:45 AM

My pDair leather belt case is holding up great after about 6 months of continual daily use. Still looks and functions great. Was worth the $30 or so.

I don't have a skin or hard case on my device. I have to trust that I don't drop it. the tradeoff of course is that I keep it low-profile and it fits into the belt case.

I had a Zagg protector on the screen, and a couple of weeks ago, it partially peeled off when I pushed the device into my pocket. i ordered another one and installed. I have a couple of air bubbles right at the top edge and it makes me think that it will peel off again at some point. I like the protection it affords but I hope it stays on this time. It seems like it's difficult to get perfect alignment when installing these. The edges are a bit vulnerable to lifting up in a very, very minor way...that leads to greater peel-off down the line.

company seems open to replacement you just need to jump thru the hoops.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshanizzle View Post
Haha, thanks for the feedback. Is the Ringke case a soft and squishyfeel polymer? Or does it have some stiffness to it?
not sure exactly what your asking, its not a hard shell, its rubber, but it's also not got that "gummy" gel surface, just a standard everyday rubber type case, fairly close to the rubber part of an otterbox case if you've ever held any of them.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:36 AM

Default Which galaxy S phone model?

Yes, I know there is a sticky for accessories, and I did look through it. I just bought my SGP 4.0 and LOVE it, however I work in a machine shop and don't want to scratch my baby up. I was looking at pahantom skinz http://phantomskinz.com/samsunggalaxysi9000.aspx, I know the SGP 4.0 is based off of the galaxy s phone, however when I look for protectors I see galaxy S Blaze, S 4G, S i9000.... etc. I am not sure which one to get, can anyone help me out. Or at lease recomend a good screen protector and case, thanks.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:13 AM
Administrator

I've moved your post to the sticky. If you're posting about a SGP 4.0 accessory it needs to be here. That way the next person that needs information will be able to find it.

Best of luck in finding the right protector for you player.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utengineer04 View Post
Yes, I know there is a sticky for accessories, and I did look through it. I just bought my SGP 4.0 and LOVE it, however I work in a machine shop and don't want to scratch my baby up. I was looking at pahantom skinz http://phantomskinz.com/samsunggalaxysi9000.aspx, I know the SGP 4.0 is based off of the galaxy s phone, however when I look for protectors I see galaxy S Blaze, S 4G, S i9000.... etc. I am not sure which one to get, can anyone help me out. Or at lease recomend a good screen protector and case, thanks.
The galaxy S 4G from sprint is the closest fit but the holes (power button, camera, things like that) don't line up, camera is real close but no chance on the power button, its also a tiny bit smaller (the S 4G), having tried a case for one of them I'm telling you your much better off buying accessories specifically made for the 4.0

Old 06-17-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utengineer04 View Post
I have a screen protector from Skinomi for my SGP 4.0:
http://www.skinomi.com/saga40anmp3p.html
Zagg and BodyGuardz also have screen protectors made specifically for the SGP 4.0 and I've heard they're pretty good.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:08 PM

The zagg screen protectors are great!
I have them on both my SGP 4 & 5.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:51 PM

I've been looking all around for a holder for the car...something with an FM transmitter as part of the rig- and it would be great if it plugged right into 12 power...but that's not a real necessity.

There's this:
http://www.amazon.com/Transmitter-Ca...f=pd_sim_cps_1
For Samsung Galaxy S 4G. The Galaxy S 4G specs are 64.5 mm wide. That's 2.53". The SGP 5.0 is just about exactly 3" across. I'm afraid this thing won't fit the SGP 5.0.

Any ideas?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:29 AM

Default speaker!!!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...028&st=samsung galaxy player&cp=1&lp=6

Old 09-10-2012, 02:21 PM

Still looking for a car mount. any ideas? I look at various options on amazon but it appears that many of the brackets are going to either block the 3.5mm audio jack and/or the micro USB. Some seem flippy-floppy. Not clear that some will accept a device of this size.

I was hoping to find some option besides mounting to the glass or vent. blocking the vent seems nuts. I'm starting to lose hope.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
Still looking for a car mount. any ideas? I look at various options on amazon but it appears that many of the brackets are going to either block the 3.5mm audio jack and/or the micro USB. Some seem flippy-floppy. Not clear that some will accept a device of this size.

I was hoping to find some option besides mounting to the glass or vent. blocking the vent seems nuts. I'm starting to lose hope.
For my SGP 5.0 I use one like THIS

You need to slide it a bit to the left to avoid the top clam shell from pressing on the volume button; other than that it works fine.

Have a Magical Day.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:32 PM

Hey...I found a great mount for the cars. I didn't want a windshield suction cup, or a bean bag and I didn't want to get into hard-mounting.

Found a unit that slips into the CD disc slot and holds a phone.
Mountek makes it.
amazon.com/Mountek-nGroove-Universal-Mount-Black/dp/B004G1L52Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347910104&sr=8-1&keywords=phone+bracket+cd

It works great, is adjustable, pretty well-made, won't block the vents, easily moves from car to car, is positioned fairly high on the dash (vaires with CD player placement of course)and the holder does not block the USB or 3.5mm audio jack on the SGP5.0.
Love it. $20.