android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2012, 03:08 AM

Default x7 might be dead....

I've had my X7 now for just over a year. I have seen multiple issues with the devise, but it remains to be one of the best mp3 players I've owned.

Despite it flaws, it has now come to harddrive issues.

I have just tried to update to the v2.09 firmware. The player (about 3/4 filled to its 160 capacity) had not been recognising basic mp3 files. it would freeze then pop up a message saying invalid file. so to resolve these importing issues i formated the flash disc and added the 2.09 files.

now the player is stuck in "updating database" for hours - up until the battery ran down. I noticed a strange noise - the harddrive starts up and then makes a sound like it is suddenly stopping and restarting.

I have attached the player back to the computer - it seemed to have "2.09" on the updating database screen, but continues to make the harddrive noise and stuck 3/4 of the way on the database bar. So now the computer cant see the HD or Flash disc, so I cannot format either of them.

Is there a way to resolve this issue, or will it mean replacing the player (as i have been unable to find a mp3 player of the x7's spec that isn't an ipod). I'm guessing i need to, somehow, format the HD? (which has not been done while i have owned this player, only the flash disc and firmware)

Thanks in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]