android
  #1  
Old 05-28-2012, 05:29 AM
bbaasje bbaasje is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 64
Default SGP 4.2 what program is used for phone calls?

Ok so I was wondering guys.
A lot of you have the new 4.2 and on the samsung site it says
"Use your player as a Bluetooth® device. Your player complements your current phone. Pair your current phone to the Galaxy Player 4.2 and start using your Galaxy Player 4.2 to as a communication tool. Now you can answer calls from your Galaxy Player via Bluetooth."

And I have the Galaxy 4.0 and super happy with it, but I would like to have that function to use it as a extended communication tool. So who can tell me what program it is and where I can get the .apk

Thanks
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 05-28-2012, 12:40 PM
steinburger1109's Avatar
steinburger1109 steinburger1109 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Posts: 2,456
Default

I believe it is the dialer and you will see it automatically pop up if you receive a call after pairing your device.
__________________
- Justin
Glossary for Newbies Everybody
Babble. On.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 05-28-2012, 05:35 PM
bbaasje bbaasje is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
I believe it is the dialer and you will see it automatically pop up if you receive a call after pairing your device.
Thanks for answering.
but it's only on the 3.6 and 4.2 right?

The 4.0 doesn't have this function
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 05-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Daniel644 Daniel644 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaasje View Post
Thanks for answering.
but it's only on the 3.6 and 4.2 right?

The 4.0 doesn't have this function
It's not only an app that controls these functions, you have to have a device that supports the proper bluetooth profiles for it to work and the 4.0 and 5.0 unfortunately (and a FAIL on samsungs part) don't support those profiles.
__________________
Galaxy S 4.0 Wifi (USA)
Running STeVEs custom Kernel
and Klin's Klassic 2.3.6 ROM for Galaxy Player 4.0 USA
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Blackdog's Avatar
Blackdog Blackdog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 318
Default

Still, so what? You have a separate phone, it rings in your left pocket, you pick up the Galaxy from your right pocket, it hooks up to the phone via bluetooth and you take the call on the Galaxy. If you have the phone in your pocket (and you have to- because bluetooth is very limited in range)...why not just answer the call on the actual phone? Just to look cool with a big new device rather than taking the call on your old Nokia clamshell?
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 05-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Goucham's Avatar
Goucham Goucham is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jamaica, W.I.
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
Still, so what? You have a separate phone, it rings in your left pocket, you pick up the Galaxy from your right pocket, it hooks up to the phone via bluetooth and you take the call on the Galaxy. If you have the phone in your pocket (and you have to- because bluetooth is very limited in range)...why not just answer the call on the actual phone? Just to look cool with a big new device rather than taking the call on your old Nokia clamshell?
I think a usage scenario might go more like this... you are listening, with earbuds, to music on your SGP when when a call comes in. You can either pause the music, take the earbuds out, find the phone (Bluetooth range is limited but not needs to be in my other pocket limited) and answer the call or you can pick it up from the device you are already using, without ever having search for the phone or take the earbuds out (on account of the built-in mic & clicker.)
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 05-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Blackdog's Avatar
Blackdog Blackdog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 318
Default

I suppose...
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 05-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Jeven Jeven is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Posts: 515
Default

Or just use a phone
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.