android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Old 05-28-2012, 12:04 AM

Default Creative Zen 16GB Wont Turn On, and Not being recognized by the Computer

Hey,

My problem as stated in the title is that my Zen wont turn on, and is not recognized by any of my computers, I also tried different USB cables.

I followed the in instructions from this forum-
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=27652

But when I try to enter The Recovery Mode, three different things happen (not at the same time)

Stages
1) The Creative logo comes up then fades as the screen turns white, and stays like that.

2) The recovery menu comes up but then vanishes after a couple of seconds and the screen turns black but the blue side light stays on, and again it stays like that.

3) It starts normally(whilst holding the play, reset and power buttons at the same time) rebuilds library or shows a track but as soon as I release the button it goes off again.

I have tried this multiple times each time I got another of the 3 things stated above, but never the same one twice.

I had left it plugged in all day yesterday when it was just off to see if it just didn't have enough battery to say it was charging, but nothing changed. It's now plugged into my Computer in stage 2 from above, but still no change.

I was wondering if anyone could help?

Or if anyone knows if it is possible to get creative to fix it(even for a fee because I've had it 2yrs so its out of Warranty)??

I really love this MP3 and haven't found any of Creatives latest models to be like this and have an SD card Slot.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-30-2012, 01:56 PM

The best advice is given in the FAQ at the start of this section.

Here is the direct link:http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=36796

Look under the battery charging and troubleshooting sections.

I'm not on this forum often, so don't expect a quick reply.

Dave