Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2012, 07:38 PM

I recently purchased a Black 8gb version, and I bought mine refurbished from, for a great price. I can say that I was initially panicked, as it wouldn't start up or respond at all, but that's because the battery was pretty much dead in it. After plugging it in with the mini usb for 5 minutes, it powered up and started to work with my computer just fine.

The controls are actually NOT THAT BAD. That's right, I don't find them that bad, even without doing a firmware update. What I don't like so far, is the number of layers the music player interface has. It seems like there are a lot of uneeded steps to get to individual songs (I don't want my material sorted by artist, album or playlist...I just want to scroll to a specific song and play it). The response time on mine isn't nearly as slow as others have experienced, and even the startup and power down is pretty quick. Startup is about 2-3 times longer than the older Fuze, but once it's up, it's alright.

The sound quality, and the volume playback is really impressive, and paired to my JVC HA-FX1X in ear's, the bass extension is really good, and quite loud too.

I'll report more when I've had more time to get used to the GUI and other aspects of this new rig.

arcane, frustrating, hard to use, horrible ui, too big