android
Old 06-06-2012, 05:24 PM

Default big troubles in taging...

my problem is this:
for some of the albums in the device there's a huge mix-up in the order of the songs, eventhough i used mp3tag and the track order seems to be right in the file's details, for a lot of albums the song order is not according to tracks number but by the alphabetical order of the song's title while the last song will always be with the first letter

example:
for the album "rage against the machine" it will be:
"Bullet in the Head"
"Fistful of Steel"
"Freedom"
"Killing in the Name"
"Know Your Enemy"
"Settle for Nothing"
"Take the Power Back"
"Township Rebellion"
"Wake Up"
"Bombtrack"

i've updated some of the albums with mp3tag without removing them from the device first, my gut tells me that that's the reason for this issue.

i've tried anything!my last attempt was using mp3tag to remove all of the tagging detail while the album is on the device's folder, than moving it to the computer, deleting it from the device changing it on the computer and bringing it back to the device and that didn't work!
guys...i'm lost...tried to look over some earlier questions..nothing resembles my problem i think...
any ideas anyone?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-11-2012, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotambis View Post
i've tried anything!my last attempt was using mp3tag to remove all of the tagging detail while the album is on the device's folder, than moving it to the computer, deleting it from the device changing it on the computer and bringing it back to the device and that didn't work!
guys...i'm lost...tried to look over some earlier questions..nothing resembles my problem i think...
any ideas anyone?
Did you re-start the X7 after you had removed all of the music from it ?

When I first got my X7 I remember having similar problems with tags not being updated on the device. The solution was:

1) remove tracks from X7
2) Turn on X7 so that it rebuilds its index/database
3) copy tracks back to X7

The problems seems that if the X7 sees the same tracks on its HDD then it doesn't re-index them properly when it rebuilds the index/database - so the only solution is as above.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:04 AM

Default it's not working..

i tried exactly what you said and the problem is not solved...
thanx for trying thought!
any other ideas?

Old 06-12-2012, 10:53 AM

Looked around and found the following from this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
Do exactly as boren said, except instead of using %track% use $num(%track%,2). This will make it make all track numbers use 2 digits, so 1 becomes 01, 2 becomes 02, so on and so forth. So, an album with 13 tracks would be:

That should do the trick.
By the way, are you using AAC? There seems to be a problem with Cowon players messing up the playback order for these files.