i need heelp
sry for my bad english

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-20-2012, 09:11 AM

i need help, i will it make louder ,

Old 01-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

Please don't post one request shortly after the other. You need to wait for someone that has the same player and a solution to see your post and reply. In this case the chances of that happening may not be good. The volume limit placed on some Sony players isn't easy to get around.

You can take a look at the other posts in this thread with words in the title like "volume" or "service menu". I don't know how much help any of them will be. I haven't seen a set of directions that reliably raises the volume. I have seen quite a few reports that making changes in the service menu breaks some other part of playback, usually the radio frequencies.

What you'll also find is that when a change was made no one has found a way to change things back. No one has reported success in fixing features that were broken by making changes in the service menu. Keep that in mind if you decide to try any of the directions posted here.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:47 AM

ok sorry for my 2 post, the radio is for my not importent,
i have search in the forums and try the service menu but the problem
is the player make only a restart not in this service menu thats sicks

Old 01-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Then all you can do is wait and hope someone finds a solution. You can try bumping your post after a day or so. That may bring it to the attention of someone that can help.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:39 AM

I sent an email to sony describing the problem of 'low sound (EU limit) and I was told this:

Dear Mr. X

In reference to his statement regarding his Walkman, We regret to inform you that Sony makes absolutely no codes to enter the menu 'of service of its products in order to
change product specifications, for which it was approved.
So please be assured that its Walkman function properly for its specific construction

Old 03-16-2012, 04:47 AM

Unhappy Sony e463

absolutely no one knows the code to enter in the service menu of this mp3 player?

Last edited by skip252; 03-16-2012 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Post moved to existing thread. If anyone knows they'll post the directions, asking again in a new thread won't speed that up.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:25 PM

Default Service menu for e464

Does anyone know how to get into the service menu of an e464?
I found (and tried) several combinations I found here on the forums (and other places) but none of them worked.

Thanks,

Old 04-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Administrator

---post moved to existing thread---

Welcome to ABi

Please note the reason I gave in the last post directly before yours for the reason why your thread was merged with this thread. That hasn't changed so far. If you want to check on this issue again please bump this thread instead of creating a new one.

Best of luck in finding an answer to this.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:56 PM

To Sony owners FWIW - I am not a walkman owner but from what Iíve read in the past; someone did come up with a way to access the service menu on some of the older sony walkman models. Donít ask me what models or what changes could be made as I do not recall. I do remember something about sound enhancement changes that some people were making. That said, I've recently read numerous posts (both here and other sites) from sony owners that have been looking for access to the service menu for their newer sony models. To the best of my knowledge there is no hack yet from the little I've searched but I could be wrong. If someone does find one that works please post the model and links to the source along with your results, thanks in advance.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 PM

Default test mode NWZ-E463

You can find the instructions to enter test mode here:

http://averbouch.biz/?p=398

unfortunately it is not possible to change sps and dest within test mode on newer NWZ-E walkman versions.

Regards,
Patlican

Old 05-20-2013, 10:42 AM

Hello,

Any code to enter this with the latest NWZ-E575 ? Too low volume with my great AKG K701, just useable at home, not in bus or so... ;-(

Thanks

Old 05-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Not as far as anyone has posted here. TBH I don't think anyone has been looking for a way to get into the service menus as Sony has changed the way they implemented the volume cap. It can be turned up as loud as any other player but turns itself down after a number of hours or a reboot. As far as anyone has been able to determine what you're hearing now is what you're going to get.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:58 AM

DAMN !

OK thanks ... So I'll have to think about portable pre-amp to increase the Db.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those dudes that love to destroy their hearing by putting insane sound level in their headset, but at max Volume it's just comfortable at home, not at all outdoot or in collective transports...

Some urban legends said that high end headset are much less powerful in terms of dB than the average one.