android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 06-23-2012, 07:01 PM

Help Is there going to be Camera "Bug fix" for the CM9 ICS ROM for the Galaxy Player 5.0

So I Put a Cm9 ICS ROM on my Y-GP 5.0 and i noticed the camera does not work. So does anyone know if someone is working on a Bug fix for that. I can't use the "new" Ics camera nor can i use the Flashlight app (Which i use all the time) and i would really like this to be fixed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-24-2012, 09:27 AM

They've been trying to get a new kernel that fixes the camera & hardware acceleration problems for a while now but nothing has worked, so if you use any cm9 based roms you'll be stuck without the camera for the foreseeable future. If you dont need ICS, i'd suggest using Eryigit's Custom ROM (2.3.6). It's pretty nice imo & everything works.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blcistheking View Post
They've been trying to get a new kernel that fixes the camera & hardware acceleration problems for a while now but nothing has worked, so if you use any cm9 based roms you'll be stuck without the camera for the foreseeable future. If you dont need ICS, i'd suggest using Eryigit's Custom ROM (2.3.6). It's pretty nice imo & everything works.
I'm still using the earlier version of that ROM and I have no complaints.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:03 PM

I'm afraid that the camera and bluetooth problem might not ever be fixable. A user on XDA pointed out that because samsung has not released an official ICS ROM, there are no bluetooth and camera drivers to use even if they do get the new kernel working.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...575147&page=26

Old 06-25-2012, 07:40 AM

Samsung's friggin camera is bugging me more and more every day. It now freezes almost every time I use it.
You have a 2-5 second shutter lag anyway...then realizing, while everyone is standing there waiting for their photo to be taken, that the camera app is locked up...and you have to close it and then open it again....is just getting to be too much. The panorama mode and the image quality is pretty good...but they certainly fell flat on their faces with how the thing really functions.

Or you get Camera 360 with a backwards image...

At this point I'd root to get the camera working correctly/better. Those that have older non-ICS ROMs, is the stock camera snappy or still the same laggy beast?

Old 06-25-2012, 03:01 PM

o
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchezhacker View Post
I'm afraid that the camera and bluetooth problem might not ever be fixable. A user on XDA pointed out that because samsung has not released an official ICS ROM, there are no bluetooth and camera drivers to use even if they do get the new kernel working.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...575147&page=26
O really that is really disappointing, well thanks for the answers guys

Old 06-25-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blcistheking View Post
Thanks i maybe give that a try but i will really miss my ICS

Old 07-04-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
At this point I'd root to get the camera working correctly/better. Those that have older non-ICS ROMs, is the stock camera snappy or still the same laggy beast?
Rooting only give you system folder privileges. So, laggy beast. BUT, it's never frozen on me. I'm on Eryigit's ROM (CPKA).

Like, a solution may never arise, but I'm planning on looking in it moreso than I've already done w/r/t the camera and this issue (lagginess)

btw, have any other camera apps that you've tried flip the image? It did for me for 2 apps that I've tried so far. It seems that this camera has a few peculiarities to it that may or may not be amendable. Rather, the stock camera.apk fits with the camera and related -ware snugly in their own peculiar way. 3rd-party camera apks seem to rely on drivers and other related files in one of the root folders (hence the image reversing. Like the intention, I think, behind it is to kill the reverse image when doing things like video calls)

Last edited by alljokingaside; 07-04-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:55 PM

For what it's worth, I'm on the Euro ROM v1.5 and I tested the camera with the stock app, Camera Zoom FX, and Camera ICS. I used a stopwatch to time how long it took to take a pic from the sec I tap the screen to the sec it finishes taking the picture. All apps took about 6.5 seconds to take a picture.

I think the camera lag is more to do with the hardware, if you watch closely every time it takes a picture the camera has to cycle through all the focus points and choose the correct one. I haven't found the lag to be too unbearable, it is just a cheap camera after all and isn't meant to replace a real camera.

Also if anyone is looking for a good free camera app, try Camera ICS: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ameraics&hl=en
It has ads but if you're rooted and have AdAway installed then you won't see any ads.

Tags
galaxy mp3 player, galaxy player 5.0, ice cream sandwhich