android
Old 11-17-2011, 08:24 AM

Default Compatibility with Windows 7!

I have an old Creative Zen Vision:M which I have not used for a few years and decided to try using again.

When I first plugged it in, the computer recognised it as an MTP Device on Device manager. (Zen also had the charging and docked icons). However driver did not install correctly and I could not sync the player with WMP and the Creative Firmware update software did not recognise the player was plugged in.

After looking on forums I rebooted the player which made no difference. I then formatted the whole player. After this the Creative Zen Firmware update software recognised the player was plugged in and I was able to update the firmware on the player to the latest one.

Once this was done, the computer recognised the device as "My Zen" and I could sync the player with WMP (so happy!)

After thinking the whole problem was sorted I shut down my computer and the computer downloaded a few things from Windows Update.

The next morning I plugged my player into the computer and it did not even recognise the player at all and it does not show up on Device manager. The only thing that happens when I plug in the player is that it switches on. It is not even charging or showing that it is docked.

I have tried rebooting and formatting but neither things make a difference. I have deleted all creative software on the computer then reinstalled it. I have tried everything I tried before but nothing will get the zen to be recognise the computer and I am now in a worse situation than I was before because computer is not even recognising it as an MTP device.

Would really really appreciate some help! Have tried almost everything suggested in other forums.

Thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-17-2012, 09:18 AM

I'm having the same problem almost word for word.

Would be interested in any replies.

Thanks.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:24 AM

I just connected the usb cable and it shows up. I did not install any software or anything.
It has the name I gave it and I drag and drop files in explorer. I even formatted and re-installed the firmware when I did the cf memory card upgrade to it.
I guess I got lucky. I have windows 7 ultimate version.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:50 PM

What version of 7 are you using? 32 bit or 64? AFAIK it wont work at all with 64. It's hit or miss on my 32 bit machine though, sometimes I have to unplug it and replug it once or twice and it will connect fine. I think you're stuck with using WMP to sync it though, Creative's software doesnt seem to want to work with 7 at all.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:17 PM

Has anyone tried the Vista-updated Media Explorer application (6.21.10)?
…be sure to scroll down and change the OS drop-down to Windows Vista ##-bit as it corresponds to your system

I had some of the same problems listed above after I'd gotten my current machine (Jan. 2010). I've since had the 'ZEN Vision:M Series Media Explorer' running on two separate Windows 7 Pro 64-bit computers, each with fresh OS re-installations (complete system rebuild on one and a HDD on the other), so I can attest that it has worked 4 times.

Hope this helps everyone.

Last edited by dnlbntl; 09-07-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Clarification for the link.