android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 05-22-2012, 12:19 AM

Thank you Denis! I joined to say thanks. I appreciate the time you put in to sleuthing out the solution.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-11-2012, 07:50 AM

@denis_mc_auliffe_ie

Thank you Denis. your post is very helpful to me. I have no words to thank you.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:51 AM

Default just registered to thank Denis

Denis, Thanks a ton.
i was unable to connect through Kies software my samsung Galaxy note mobile to the pc for last 15 days was trying everything possible.Even Samsung people dont have any solution
Then I came to this forum I tried exactly as mentioned and now it is working
Just another thing I wasnot able to find umdf.exe file as mentioned by you.But I found it in the Windows media player 11 installation folder( After unzipping all contents ofcourse).

thanks a lot May God bless you.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:06 PM

Dennis You is da Man!!! I too have registered here just to say thank you
I have been searching for a solution to this problem for nearly a year, ever since I had to reformat my pc from windows sp2. I put on sp3 and have been unable to use kies or sync with media player ever since!
You are a diamond and I will ever be greatfull

Old 09-26-2013, 06:28 AM

Hi guys i recently bought a galaxy s3 and i'm trying to connect it with my PC to transfer songs apk's movies and etc. The thing is tha when i first tried to connect it i got a message that a file is missing with the name "wsadb.sys" after a little search i learn that it needs kies for the connection so i install the program and after i tried again i got another message a different one this time :

"Cannot Install this Hardware.

There was a problem installing this hardware: MTP Device

An error occurred during the installation of the device.

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

i tried to do what denis suggested but i can't install windows media player 11 cause it asks for a validation and i can't validate my windows cause its pirated, can someone help me with that please???

Old 09-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

You won't be able to get help here with how to use a pirated copy of Windows. The forum rule about trading copyrighted materials also covers hacking copyrighted software. Not saying there's no way to do what you need it's just that we can't discuss that part of it here.

Have you tried using Linux? I don't know enough about that particular model to know if it's possible but looking over at xdadevelopers it seems it might be. It seems like rooting would be what you need to address the file system as a drive instead of a media device. Not sure if that's what you need, it's just the first hit I get when I google "Root galaxy s3 linux".

Creating a bootable Live CD on a USB drive is fairly easy using one of a number of softwares you'll find available here over at the Portable Freeware Collection. I find UNetbootin easy to use and simple to keep a portable Ubuntu partition updated. As you can see from the homepage it has built in support for several other Linux distributions if you prefer something else.

You may also want to repost this in the Anythingbutiphone forum. Minus the reference to your pirated copy of Windows. Someone there may know how to help and wouldn't be likely to see this post in a Sansa Fuze subforum.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolutioner View Post
Hi guys i recently bought a galaxy s3 and i'm trying to connect it with my PC to transfer songs apk's movies and etc.
You don't have to connect to the PC to transfer files to the S3. You could use a wireless solution such as Bluetooth (although most PCs don't have Bluetooth, some do) or AirDroid. I bought a Bluetooth adapter for my PC (great deal on eBay - 51 cents - works fine). Although I admit bulk moves are easier with a USB connection.

Your base question regarding transfer is probably better addressed at a forum specializing in Android devices. It is a question that is asked often (although not the missing sys file part).

Steve