android
Old 10-25-2012, 04:30 PM

Default Anybody using a Fiio amp?

Hi, I think on buying a Fiio portable amp for my S639F. I'm really satisified with its volume level. I think it's really loud enough for me. Do you think I would get better sound or just boost the volume?

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Administrator

I used a Fiio E6 for a weekend as part of deciding to include it as part of one of my trades and decided to pass. It made the sound louder but no better to my ears. My S639 drives all of my headphones much louder than I normally listen by itself.

The bass boost settings were interesting but when I made a few adjustments to the Sony's sound settings I could come up with what sounded the same. Part of what I've always liked about how small and light it is to get decent battery life and adding even the relatively small bulk of a E6 took away some of the convenience.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I own the FiiO E11, and (as stated above) it just makes the sound louder. That's until I hit the little bass boost switch on the side (off, 1, 2). Then it actually does enhance the sound, and I find the bass doesn't distort. Other than a bass increase the sq remains he same,...

And I also have the Sony S639, same as skip252 above. But, I never use the bass boost with the Sony, only with my other players. A Sony doesn't need bass boost OR amping,...