android
Old 10-31-2012, 06:36 PM

Default SGP 4.2 plays music randomly

Purchased SGP 4.2 to dip my toe into the Android world, and having a weird problem.

I put in an external media card and downloaded my mp3 and playlist files from my PC.

I use the pre-loaded music player app to listen to my playlists, and it works pretty well. I then use the Active Applications widget to exit out of the music app.

5 or 15 minutes later, with the player sitting on my desk, nobody near it, it will start playing a random song.

Help an old guy out!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-31-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Moriarty View Post
Purchased SGP 4.2 to dip my toe into the Android world, and having a weird problem.

I put in an external media card and downloaded my mp3 and playlist files from my PC.

I use the pre-loaded music player app to listen to my playlists, and it works pretty well. I then use the Active Applications widget to exit out of the music app.

5 or 15 minutes later, with the player sitting on my desk, nobody near it, it will start playing a random song.

Help an old guy out!
If you use the stock headphones, it can be that something is pressing the play/pause control button on the headphones, have you tried to keep it without headphones?

Old 11-01-2012, 07:35 AM

Boy, that is odd! I posted just so that you know at least a few folks are online and watching. I have never run into this or heard about anything like this. I have never imported playlists...I just create them on the player. If you don't have a lot of customization yet, you may just want to restore everything to factory default. It's odd that this would happen after you intentionally exited the music app.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:54 AM

Thanks for the replies.... gonna try pulling out the headphones and see if it's the play/ pause button