SDMX18-004G-E46K
80-56-09856-004G

Apparently it is one of the latest batches, the firmware version is
01.02.17F

now looking at
http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-C...er/td-p/282160
and
http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-C...17/td-p/279710

seems this is probably in fact the 01.02.18 but with a different description header

Before RB Id like to have a backup copy of this but seems I will be only able to get the .18

Is this the case also with the latest buyers of clip+ ?
should I go to .18 or just leave it as it is ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Administrator

As was said in the pages you link, that firmware has only been found on players, it hasn't been released. The version of the firmware you supply the installer doesn't matter as far as performance in Rockbox. Everything will be the same with the oldest or newest.

After it was issued I renamed the 01.02.18 .bin file to clppa.bin. Once the the Rockbox automated installer was updated I used it to reinstall the Rockbox bootloader on my older model Clip+. The installer recognized it, patched it and that's the firmware I'm using now. When I've booted into the OF to check for any changes it's worked the same as the older firmwares.

Installing Rockbox is a firmware update. I wouldn't do a separate update just to have the latest version. No one has reported any performance differences and once you install Rockbox you'll have the newer version.

Remember that installing Rockbox resets all your settings in the OF. That includes resetting your USB mode to Autodefect. Be sure to set that back to MSC before you load any files in the OF.

Not doing that has been one of the primary reasons for a number of "where the heck are my files" threads. Files that are loaded in MTP mode can't be seen in the Rockbox file browser.

Last edited by skip252; 11-01-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:26 PM

ok skip thks for the headstart

best rgds

Old 11-01-2012, 06:14 PM

on a sidenote, I updated the firmware to 1.02.18 using only the single file clppa.bin downloaded from sandisk updates and the annoying slot radio icon is still there as well as the spoken sample, Im trying to find a way to delete it before entering RB but still wasnt able to...

Last edited by ninogui; 11-01-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninogui View Post
on a sidenote, I updated the firmware to 1.02.18 using only the single file clppa.bin downloaded from sandisk updates and the annoying slot radio icon is still there as well as the spoken sample, Im trying to find a way to delete it before entering RB but still wasnt able to...
There's no way to eliminate, or hide this icon in the Clip+. In the later Zip model, they added a feature where you can hide unused Main Menu icons. With the Clip+, you just have to scroll past it, like any other menu item you don't use.

As far as the "spoken sample", I assume you're referring to the sample files they put on at the factory. These are added in MTP mode, so you have to set your player to that USB connection mode (Settings > System Settings > USB Mode) in order to see and/or delete these files, whether they be recordings, podcasts, or sample .mp3 files in the Music menu. Note, to use Rockbox, you'll have to manually reset it to MSC mode.

Alternatively, you can also format the player (also an on-board option in the System Settings menu) which will erase all added files in one fell swoop.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:17 PM

ok thks

I will try that

right now Im totally mesmerized (never thought I would at over 40 lol) by the abilities provided by RB running on top of this tinny diabolical sound machine!
and am reading through the RB manual (in steps)

Old 11-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Administrator

The slotRadio icon is part of the firmware and there's nothing to be done about that. Hard to believe they're believe their still flogging that very dead horse. BTW, what does it look like now? Ugly and obtrusive as before? Hard for me to remember after not seeing it for a loooooong time.

I can't remember if you can get rid of the jingle as long as you have just the OF. Once you Rockbox it, it's easy.

I prefer to Rockbox a player when it's empty. The same as any firmware update the card should also be out of the player. Boot to the OF by holding any button as you turn it on. With no content the database refresh only takes a few seconds. when you reboot, it boots back to Rockbox.

In Rockbox go to Settings=>Systems Settings=>File View. Select "All". After that go to the Files listing in the main menu and you'll be able to see all the files and folders on the player. It's safe to delete any of them except the .rockbox folder. The jingle is among them.

All the "##", Audiobook and Music etc. folders will be rebuilt if you boot to the OF and the database refreshes . The jingle only comes back after a firmware update.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 PM

glad to exchange!

in fact its

settings->general settings->file view->show files->(all/supported/music/playlists)

and yes this is totally unobtrusive, because I am an it technician I find it totally logical and easy, think by now after about 1 hour already runed through all menus and options

you havent seen it for a loooongtime ? then pick your dusty clip from the shoe box and check it out again! lol

is there a file holding the hardware profile RB read for my player ? Id like to find out which one is my fm tuner chip

Old 11-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:

you havent seen it for a loooongtime ? then pick your dusty clip from the shoe box and check it out again! lol
When skip says he hasn't seen it in a long time, it's not because his clip is dusty from not being used. It's because like many of us here, he only uses it in Rockbox.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:24 PM

ah! hehehe I see

well just boot into factory firmware to take a look at the slotradio icon its a pretty one lolol

not planning in using that one either, I wonder if I broke the record of someone holding a brand new clip+ never having had one and RBxing it after 5 minutes lol

Old 11-02-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
. . . Im really happy with its tinny size
Quote:
. . .the abilities provided by RB running on top of this tinny diabolical sound machine!
FYI -

tinny -
  1. Having a displeasingly thin, metallic sound.
  2. (of an object) Made of thin or poor-quality metal.

tiny -
  1. Very small, minute.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:50 AM

hehe ok well it happens