android
Old 09-08-2012, 03:56 PM

Default Bass Rolloff

Do any of the Cowon models offer NO bass rolloff? Does any portable MP3 player offer that? (maybe Sansa Clip+)?

I run FLAC only and I do not use headphones. I do, however, run a powered sub and would hate to limit it's potential.

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-09-2012, 02:41 PM

http://nwavguy.blogspot.ca/2011/02/s...-measured.html:

Frequency Response: Ruler flat from 10 Hz to 20 KHz and very accurate.

I think you will probably be OK with any MP3 player that uses the ams AS3525 or ams AS3525v2 system on a chip. http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS#Models.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:37 AM

Thanks for the reply. Really frustrating that there aren't more, higher capacity options. From what I've read, the Fuze+ is not on the same plane (as perhaps the old Fuze was).

Old 09-10-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah.volunteer View Post
Thanks for the reply.
You are welcome.
Quote:
Really frustrating that there aren't more, higher capacity options.
A 64-GB card should work OK, especially with Rockbox. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=65902.
Quote:
From what I've read, the Fuze+ is not on the same plane (as perhaps the old Fuze was).
I too have read that the Fuze+ works very poorly when stuffed with many files. Many users also hate its touchpad.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah.volunteer View Post
Do any of the Cowon models offer NO bass rolloff? Does any portable MP3 player offer that? (maybe Sansa Clip+)?

I run FLAC only and I do not use headphones. I do, however, run a powered sub and would hate to limit it's potential.

Thanks!
If you are into DIY modifications, or like me have a friend who is, you could try modifying one of the cowons. have a modified cowon d2+ that seems to have fixed the bass rolloff problem that most of the cowons have. what my friend did was to change the small capacitors cowon used for the output coupling or some thing like that(sorry not very good with technical terms myself). iirc cowon was only using some 220uf capacitors which is responsible for the bass rolloff.