android
Old 11-23-2012, 11:02 PM

Default Neoprene cases- anything for Zip?

There have been "DLO Action Jacket" neoprene case+armband kits available for the Clip and Clip+ for a long time. No Zip-specific version seems to have been made. The Zip does have noticeably different dimensions, but the buttons etc are in basically the same places, and neoprene does stretch a bit...

Does anyone know whether the Clip+ neoprene case is at all workable with a Zip?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

I also don't think a case for the Clip+ would work for the Clip Zip. The dimensions are close but the button layout on the face is very different. The cut out for different screen sizes being different would also interfere with being able to use the cases for one on the other.

I suspect at least part of the reason that no other cases are around is that most owners of the Clip+ discovered a case to be either unneeded or added bulk that made a Clip less convenient to use. If the cases for the Clip+ didn't sell well it would be less likely that anyone would make one for the Clip Zip. No sense in investing money to put a product on the market and not have buyers for it.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:45 AM

i bought these for my zip:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B006...ls_o04_s00_i00

I am currently using the purple one as it is my friends' favourite colour.

They fit quite nicely.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
I suspect at least part of the reason that no other cases are around is that most owners of the Clip+ discovered a case to be either unneeded or added bulk that made a Clip less convenient to use.
I guess I'm the exception--I love having a DLO neoprene case for my Clip and Clip+: it protects the players from scratches (and also when the players might inadvertently slip out of my hands and fall), and with little extra bulk.

Tags
case, clip plus, clip zip