android
Old 10-27-2012, 02:05 PM

Default got one early!

Hi Guys,
I have one, so any question, send them my way!

it has wifi, bluetooth, 3G and gps inside

it has 8GB interanl memory, with 4Gb useable

it takes micro SD cards (you can select to save to internal memory or SD card on power up) which go in the battery compartment with the micro sim for 3G and the Galaxy S2 battery which is 1650mah

it does have a standard headphone jack and a microphone as it is a HD video camera as well

it allows in camera editing of photos or video with the supplied apps

it runs jellybean 4.1.1 so can do anything a phone can do without the dialer system, so no whatsapp or viber.
It is tegra 3 quad core cpu, no idea if it has 1GB or 2GB of RAM. even the samsung rep diddin't know, cant find info about it in device either!

the battery charges internally via micro USb as I stated earlier. it comes with battery, mains plug and usb cable and wrist strap in the box.

it has a micro HDMI port to link to a tv (cover is on battery door), but it also has samsung allshare app to send to a wifi tv

it is a bulky design, not very pocketable, but is easy to use.

camera wise it has full manual control with really simple interface

it has a 23mm wideangle lens, and it's SHARP. 21x optical zoom with optical stabilizer.

it has voice control, it's not great but it's fun to shout at it

I got it free from work, so am a very happy bunny!

Jessops will be selling it from friday the 2nd of November for 400.

Now, just need to get a couple of spare batteries!

marcel

Last edited by marcel f; 10-27-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: edit

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-27-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollicup04 View Post
Thats what third party accessories are for if the manufacturer decides not to make a external battery charger.
How do you know that there will be no external battery charger?
EU regulations for simplified charging systems, that is why all phones now use USB, and most are micro USB, except the big round fruit of course. Cameras have followed suit. Only canon supply external chargers for all their cameras, the fuji X10 is external also. Sony CSC cameras now charge batteries internally.

marcel

Old 12-07-2012, 02:11 PM

I had a look at this camera at my local Jessops and it looks good. I wonder if this uses the Wolfson DAC for listening to music. Also does it have manual focus on the video function?

IEM - Sony EX310LP, Panasonic HJE900, JVC FXC80, Sennheiser CX300II

Old 12-07-2012, 03:59 PM

It got a poor review in The Verge, saying that the camera part wasn't very good: http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/3/37...-camera-review

Old 12-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Samsung Moderator

I'm not sure about what this has to do with Galaxy Players and more generally MP3 Players.
Ok, there is surely a music app on that device but there is also one on any smartphone, which doesn't mean we talk about smartphones here

I let the thread open for now though.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:08 PM

It's kind of a weird device. The specs are over kill pretty much matching the galaxy s III with a exynos quad-core processor, 2 gigs of ram and a HD 4.8 inch screen. It would of made more sense to have lower specs (like galaxy S II specs) and a better camera at that price or lower specs with a lower price. A 800*450 4.3 inch screen would have be extremely good for a camera no less than a 4.8 inch HD screen. Not like you're going to watch full length movies on the camera on a regular basis. But I would easily except this device for free though .

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-came...5429670-2.html

Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
I had a look at this camera at my local Jessops and it looks good. I wonder if this uses the Wolfson DAC for listening to music. Also does it have manual focus on the video function?
Jessops now supply it with a sepperate charger and spare battery (we moaned about the in camera charging and they listened!)
They have also tweaked the video system for more flexibility, and moved the record button to the other side of the screen as it diddn't work well on the left side.

Don't know about the sound chip, it does sound better than my 5.0, but I haven't got the best hearing.
no manual focus in video mode, it's only a compact camera!
The camera part is very good, I'm not sure the tester was competant to use it, especially if he struggles with better cameras!

the camera is better than that of a phone (that's the problem with phones, no zoom and tiny sensor), but it has the connectivity of a phone.
I agree, it is a bit OTT, I think a smaller unit with 10x zoom lens would sell a lot better, but mine was free, so can't complain too much! (actually I did and they improved it)

marcel

Last edited by marcel f; 12-08-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: more data