android
Old 01-24-2012, 02:27 PM

GrooVeIP Install Update:

SGP5 YP-G70CWY/XAA USA Version

I got a number from Google Voice, Checked "Forward to Google Chat & Unchecked the "Forward to" Phone to prevent rings to other than the SGP5.

I followed the list SKWATCH posted on the previous page.

I entered in a number and hit the call button.... Budda-Bing, Budda-Boom.... It Works & sounds fine. What a Deal for $4.99

Thanks to all that tried to get me pointed in the right direction with my Google Voice "Forward To" issue, and general understanding of how this works. This is a long way from the KIM-1 I had as my first computer, and a tad smaller too. :-)

tnx agn

George

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-24-2012, 07:37 PM

Welcome to the world of phone calls via GrooVe IP, Google, and the SGP5. Phone calls with no monthly phone bills is grand.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:37 PM

Hello, I just started doing the hotspot and grooveip setup. One question I have is does texting through google voice or talking on grooveip use data? Thanks for all the help you gave me for my settings on grooveip, seems to work fairly descent. I recently picked up a T-Mobile sonic 4G hotspot with a $25 data card which came out to be 1.5Gb of data. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utengineer04 View Post
Hello, I just started doing the hotspot and grooveip setup. One question I have is does texting through google voice or talking on grooveip use data? Thanks for all the help you gave me for my settings on grooveip, seems to work fairly descent. I recently picked up a T-Mobile sonic 4G hotspot with a $25 data card which came out to be 1.5Gb of data. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Just a tip, this program, last I checked anyway, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...katone.android is a much smoother integration then grooveIP, the early beta's had issues, but that last time I tried it, it worked pretty good, I didn't keep it because maintaining a constant wifi connection was more of a battery hog then I was willing to put up with.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by utengineer04 View Post
One question I have is does texting through google voice or talking on grooveip use data? Thanks for all the help you gave me for my settings on grooveip, seems to work fairly descent. I recently picked up a T-Mobile sonic 4G hotspot with a $25 data card which came out to be 1.5Gb of data. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Yes. GrooVe IP's Google Play description states that it "allows you to make calls using the device’s data (WiFi or mobile data) connection" and "GrooVe IP uses 1.2 MB per minute during a call." I don't know how much data Google Voice's text messaging uses.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:01 PM

I have an issue with mine. I finally can get the microphone to work well but when I hold the sgp 5.0 to my ear can't hear anything. Doesn't that phone speaker in the front work? It works on speaker phone but that's kinda annoying. Do I need to use the headphones and mic? Confused.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lschinaia View Post
I have an issue with mine. I finally can get the microphone to work well but when I hold the sgp 5.0 to my ear can't hear anything. Doesn't that phone speaker in the front work? It works on speaker phone but that's kinda annoying. Do I need to use the headphones and mic? Confused.
the 5.0 is kinda wonky trying to use it as a phone, you could also try the app Talkatone https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...UuYW5kcm9pZCJd

it does the same stuff but is way more user friendly to setup.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:31 PM

I have talkatone and think it is great

Old 11-27-2012, 04:27 PM

Thx so the ear piece speaker doesn't work? I have to use speaker phone? I will try talktone hope it works with gvoice dont need another number

Old 11-27-2012, 06:13 PM

Cool talkatone worked. I can hear thru the phone head set speaker. Much clearer than groove ip.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:19 PM

I think it is an awesome app.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:15 AM

I used it tonight and the only issue was the screen stayed on the whole time. I was afraid to touch it with my face cause it might hang up or etc. is there a setting like on groove ip to shut it off when by an ear? I looked on the settings but cant find anything.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:45 AM

Mine shuts the screen off after ten seconds or so. Check the settings

Old 12-09-2012, 07:53 AM

I just tried mine and it would not lock screen during call. Must of changed with a recent update. Anyway in settings change proximity lock to sotware. This will automaticaly lock the scree after a few secs during a call. I dont thibk we can use the hardware option to lock screen because the 5.0 doesnt have a prox sensor.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brosko View Post
I just tried mine and it would not lock screen during call. Must of changed with a recent update. Anyway in settings change proximity lock to sotware. This will automaticaly lock the scree after a few secs during a call. I dont thibk we can use the hardware option to lock screen because the 5.0 doesnt have a prox sensor.
yeah, the 5.0 lacks a proximity sensor so it can't tell that you've moved it up next to you head.