android
Old 09-17-2012, 08:51 PM

Default No sound e465

Hi there! Really hoping someone can help me - I need music in my life! Anyway here's the problem...

I was listening to my walkman e465 before class one day and put it on hold and in my pocket (as I always do) during class. When class was over, I pulled it out to resume listening and found the hold button "stuck" on - the player was flashing the yellow hold box on the display and would not allow me to push any buttons though the hold switch was not really on anymore. I reset the player, and this amazingly fixed the problem. When I then picked a song and played it, I found there was now no sound being output by the player (I've scanned through almost all tracks I have, none work). I know the headphones are fine, and the player does not output sound to any other devices. It also does not recognize when I push either of the volume control buttons. (the volume level indicator no longer pops up on the screen) I ran an audio check in test mode and found all checks worked except the S/N one and F2 - during both checks I heard nothing. Sony told me the player needs 'serviced' though this costs about as much as buying a new player - which if I have to do I will certainly will not be buying another walkman (my last one malfunctioned inexplicably as well) any help here would be greatly appreciated - as I cannot afford to buy a new mp3 player right now.
Thanks guys!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-10-2012, 06:00 PM

I have the same problem with my e-473. Not sure why - it was fine for 2 months. In fact, this is my second problem with this sony series. I am disappointed as I used to love my sony walkman players.