android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post

Others also prefer the dedicated rocker volume switch on the side of the Clips over the scroll wheel on the Fuze. Having started with the e200 series, I actually prefer the scroll wheel, but everyone has different tastes and preferences.
I just recently got an e280...interesting getting used to it, as the wheel and buttons are different than the old Fuze. And yeah, I miss the volume rocker....so I usually plug it into another device, be it boombox, stereo, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
You're right I prefer the dedicated volume rocker.

But I don't find the Zip's original firmware to be quirky.
I vastly prefer the volume rocker. All my headphones are powered well enough by all of my players, but I use the iPods with line-out and external amp so I don't have to use the wheel for volume.(and sure, occasionally the amp's bass boost is useful)

Quote:
Also, the screen display of the Clip doesn't bother me. Sure it would be nice if it was better, but I don't look at it very much.
Same here. There are some Rockbox themes that make it a more useful, but I don't generally look at it, I listen to it...lol
Quote:
Is it my imagination? But the original Fuze seems to be getting more good comments and people wanting to buy than it did when it was a current item.

Steve
No, it's not just you....I see it in other forums too.