android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2013, 02:57 PM

Default Internet issues with Galaxy 4.2

I just got myself a Galaxy Wifi 4.2 to replace by broken iPod touch. Overall, I am very happy with it but unfortunately the internet connection on it appears to be poor.

When refreshing web-based apps, such as facebook or groupon, or webpages it takes and inordinately long time; I'm taking over 3 mins, sometimes it refuses to load information at all with apps stating 'connection error' or the android 'unable to load page' coming up. Sometimes things load quicker but more often than not it is quite frustrating to use things that rely on the internet which is one of the main functions I want to use it for. Things do generally load eventually but I often have to keep constantly refreshing pages to load anything.

It is not my home wifi as I have no problem loading things on my android phone (sony eperia ray which also has a 1ghz processor). I have click on the same links simultaneously on both devices and while things instantly load on my phone, they take an age on the galaxy.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had these issues or whether mine is just a duff one? I hoping that mine is faulty as I'm not patient enough to have to deal with this continuously!

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]