android
Old 01-25-2013, 01:59 PM

Default noise isolating earbuds

Hello, im searching for earbuds some weeks now and i still cant figure it out. i want a low price pair (30 euros (40 dollars)max) but i want to be able to not hear people talking or the metro noise.Offcourse i dont expect huge isolation with such a little price but i want to get something good.
Thank you for your time

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It seems like an in-ear monitor would be suitable for you. Also where do you live? The best value under $40 is the Monoprice 8320. It can be found on Amazon UK for around 5 euros right now minus shipping of course. Also the JVC Riptidz has gotten a lot of recommendations as well.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

add the philips she3590. the monoprice doesnt appeal to me. the form factor is limiting from what I can see. the philips can be inserted deeper than the riptidz (at least for my ears) and isolates better. for the low price you can also get some comply tips, still be in your budget, and get even better isolation.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:13 PM

You could also consider the Monoprice 9396. Similar sound as the 8320 with very good midrange and clarity (for headphones under $75) but a bit more bassier. They look considerably better and have a lot better fit. They're a bit cheaper too (like $6.60). I have the 8320 and the 9396, they're both phenomenal value however I use the 9396 as my backup to my phonak audeo pfe.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...mat=4#feedback

Edit: If you (penelope.) are from Europe anything from Monoprice wouldn't be the greatest value as the shipping would be expensive. Maybe try looking at Soundmagic E10. A lot of people like MEElectronic phones also. They have several phones in their line up in you price rang that many consider great value.

Last edited by nathan; 01-29-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I love my e10 but I think it is just out of the price range. The Meelec IEMs are all pretty good, at least the ones I have tried. The a161p is my everyday set. One good thing about the Meelec sets...they all come with plenty of tips to choose from.

Nathan, I might try those other monoprice IEMs when I make my next cable order. better form factor than the 8320 for me.