android
Old 01-20-2013, 11:01 PM

Default Zen Vision M and Windows 7

I am unable to install the software for my Zen Vision M on my new computer, which has Windows 7. It claims it needs Service Pack 1 or higher, but when I try to load that, it repeatedly fails. I see from ZenChick's FAQ that Zen Vision M only plays with Windows XP and Vista. Short of flattening my computer, and buying and installing XP, is there a fix I can get so I can run my Zen Vision M software on a Windows 7 platform, on Gateway laptop, Intel Pentium P6200?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-21-2013, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlbntl View Post
Has anyone tried the Vista-updated Media Explorer application (6.21.10)?
…be sure to scroll down and change the OS drop-down to Windows Vista ##-bit as it corresponds to your system

I had some of the same problems listed above after I'd gotten my current machine (Jan. 2010). I've since had the 'ZEN Vision:M Series Media Explorer' running on two separate Windows 7 Pro 64-bit computers, each with fresh OS re-installations (complete system rebuild on one and a HDD on the other), so I can attest that it has worked 4 times.

Hope this helps everyone.
You can use the Vista (Windows 6.0) versions of programs with 7 (Windows 6.1).
Nokia Lumia 822 16GB+64GB

Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 PM

Found the application file online. Went to run it and got "This product does not support 64-bit windows operating systems. Setup will exit" Then tried running it in compatability mode for Windows XP service pack 2 (recommended) and again for all Vista options. Got the same message every time.

Please, any idea what I am missing?
Thanks

Old 01-21-2013, 10:59 PM

Did you choose "Windows Vista 64-bit" from the manual selection at the bottom of the page?

Last edited by dnlbntl; 01-21-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:37 PM

Read and follow the steps in posts #5-7 on the following link from loosenut and myself. It does work if you follow the steps exactly.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=53337

The Vista x64 Creative software does work on x64 Windows 7 machines. FWIW, I have no intentions of even trying the new Windows 8 until they roll out the first service packs.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 PM

Default Zen Vision:M 80GB and Windows 7

Since I first started this thread with a question, I've changed my circumstances. I did not see a few of the replies before flattening and reloading Windows 7 as 32-bit, since most of my errors before seemed to have to do with a 64-bit imcompatibility.

Now that I'm back up, I have a different problem - when I try to load the software that came with my Zen unit, it won't load, says that there are more current versions. I have not so far been able to find a newer version of the Zen Vision:M software that will successfully run on my system. What should I be looking for?

Old 01-29-2013, 11:19 PM

An additional bit - when I try to run a software update, the message I get is that my music device is not connected - even though it is docked. Device is hooked up, but not recognized.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:29 PM

Hmm…I didn't have to dissect the setup file(s) on any of my installations but whatever gets the job done v( '.')v.

If you mean the MediaSource Organizer software, you can go here again and after filtering for Vista 32-bit the latest/last version (Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer 5.10.38) appears at the bottom of the list (for me).

Hope that helps.