android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2013, 08:08 AM

A lot of discussion about battery life of late.
I don't really have time to do benchmarks, but I get the impression that the battery lasts ok (given the age of my R0) but the recharging seems to take longer. Last weekend I ran out of power so I charged it for about 3 hours on the computer. When I turned it back it was on little more than 25% and lasted about 5 minutes (faulty USB cable perhaps)! So then I left it to charge all night (direct on the mains) last Sunday, and a week later I'm on 41% having used it for an hour to an hour and a half nearly every day since (Flacs & MP3s). That would put my battery life roughly at 10 hours (gulp!)
So perhaps you need to check not only on battery consumption but battery charging too.
Also is it not possible to turn the display off when charging and have an indication of battery charge (that can be turned on at the press of the button) whilst charging in order to know when to unplug (a bit like the OF)?
A bit off topic has anyone given thought to changing the battery (now that we know how , thanks Lebellium) and how to go about it?

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0