android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2013, 07:06 PM

Default YP-F3 Region Change for EU Users (Full Volume hack)

I am posting this thread for the poor owners in the EU region that cannot get the max volume out of this realy good MP3 device (which I use for sports).

When you change the region of the EU YP-F3 player you have two Options (Korean / US). They both have the FM option but the player will crash if you select it because the FM player is implemented in the hardware of the korean version.

Anyway I did not care about the FM player since I do not listen to the radio.

What I was interested in was to change the region code of the device to get by the EU restriction to the volume.

To do that you only have to change the region like on the Samsung Q3 player (it's somewhere here in these boards).

Just put this config.dat on the root directory of your device to change it to US. (Unzip it first)

Now disconect the player from your computer. The device will reboot (like on a firmware update).

When you go to the system settings you will notice that your firmware is now : 1,10 US-00-KJ4

Go and listen to your music now, the volume is at 16 and is as loud as 30 on EU mode. On 30 its too loud for me but this way you can bypass the restriction and enjoy your music at full volume.
Attached Files
File Type: zip config.zip (170 Bytes, 103 views)

Last edited by pilos; 02-25-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]