android
Old 05-05-2010, 08:31 PM

i replaced my dead ZVM30 battery with the cameron sino 1700mAh battery with no problem-gives me about 16-17hrs per charge.
as soon as i plugged in the new batt, the blue light went on, went into recovery mode and the player restarted with no prob.
i do have the older 1.4x firmware version however and will never update it (the last one that supports FM recording and the last one that doesnt cause a lot of problems to ppl-from what i gather many who had updated to 1.5x/1.6x had many other issues on top of losing the FM recording ability)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-25-2010, 05:29 AM

Time to bump this very good thread. This thread has helpen me a lot with my Creative Zen Vision M: 60GB

I have one question:
I still have the original battery, but it is very used so it doesnt last very long. Thats why I bought a 1700mAh Cameron Sino. I downgraded the player and formatted everything and such, but it still cant get it to work.
I think the problem is that I try to charge it with the standard USB cable, since I dont have a AC Adapter. It's quite hard to get one here in The Netherlands. So my question is: Can I use a regular adapter to charge the Zen, instead of the -expensive and hard to get- Creative AC Adapter.
And what specifications should it have? Volts and mAh.

Thanks in advance!

, Cornholi0

Old 09-25-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholi0 View Post
Time to bump this very good thread. This thread has helpen me a lot with my Creative Zen Vision M: 60GB

I have one question:
I still have the original battery, but it is very used so it doesnt last very long. Thats why I bought a 1700mAh Cameron Sino. I downgraded the player and formatted everything and such, but it still cant get it to work.
I think the problem is that I try to charge it with the standard USB cable, since I dont have a AC Adapter. It's quite hard to get one here in The Netherlands. So my question is: Can I use a regular adapter to charge the Zen, instead of the -expensive and hard to get- Creative AC Adapter.
And what specifications should it have? Volts and mAh.

Thanks in advance!

, Cornholi0
Nevermind on the above post guys.
Thanks to this awesome thread: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30267

I'm currently using a Philips 4.5V 300mAh and it works like a charm

This forum rocks, iPod sucks

Old 01-16-2012, 11:51 AM

I'm confused which battery I need to replace mine in my Zen 60g vision M?

Old 01-17-2012, 01:36 PM

Anyone? Battery replacement info....I'm dieing here w/o my player.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 PM

I have recently had success with a 1400mAh Cameron Sino battery with my ZV:M 30GB running the 1.62.02 firmware. This battery was from a Hong Kong ebay seller (battery was shipped out of Singapore though).

I did NOT have success with a 1500mAh battery from a different ebay seller, but I couldn't downgrade the firmware to 1.41.01 as it kept saying the battery was too low to do so (even when plugged in). The 1500mAh battery may have worked if I could have downgraded the firmware. I still have the battery (the seller gave me my money back, but didn't care if I returned the battery or not), and I may try the firmware downgrade one day out of curiosity.

EDIT: I had some spare time this evening so out of curiosity, I downgraded the firmware to 1.41.01, installed the 1500mAh battery and the ZenV:M worked. I am going to keep this one in for a bit; the battery life with the 1400mAh wasn't great even though it was 'new'.

Last edited by slow1234; 05-19-2012 at 02:32 AM.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:56 PM

Just joined the forum...

I have a ZVM 60Gb fat (I think, it's 2.2cm thick). I've had it for about 6 years
but the battery is now beginning to run out quickly. I used to get 16 hours
out of it easily, now it's running out after 6 hours or so.

What are my options?

Old 03-04-2013, 03:41 PM

You'll find several replacement batteries for sale on eBay - just note that, if you're in the US, the Post Office officially prohibits shipment of uninstalled lithium batteries as of a few months ago, so UPS/FedEx if care to follow rules and regulations.

Oh, and all versions of the ZVM use the same batteries.
Nokia Lumia 822 16GB+64GB