android
Old 03-02-2013, 04:58 PM

Default SGP 5.0 bluetooth troubles

I have a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 that I'm attempting to connect via bluetooth to a Genesis Technologies GT-2.0 stereo.

The SGP discovers the stereo. It will pair and connect. The audio will play fine for between 30 seconds and 2 minutes. Then it drops connection.

The manual for the stereo says that the stereo requires a pass key be entered, but the SGP never pops up asking me for the pass key.

I suspect that the pass key is the problem. Since I'm never entering the key, it drops the connection.

Anyone have any idea how I can force my SGP to ask me for the pass key?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 AM

Just a thought.....look in your Settings to see if your SGP 5.0 is configured to allow pop up windows?

Old 03-04-2013, 11:08 AM

Hmm, I don't recall ever seeing anything about popup. I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:24 PM

I can't seem to locate that setting. You wouldn't happen to know where it is located, would you?

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-05-2013, 12:56 AM

If the passkey was the problem, your device would never pair and connect in the first place. If you can connect without entering a passkey, then that is probably not the issue. Similarly, the "pop up window" advice is probably also a red herring (i.e., not the issue). If the device you are connecting to shows as paired in the bluetooth devices listings in the SGP's bluetooth settings menu, then the passkey is not the issue (also that device should show as "connected" when actually passing audio).

One thought: see if the application you are using to pass audio may be timing out due to the SGP going into sleep or power save mode by checking the options in the audio application you are using or the general device settings. Another possibility is that either the BT reciever is trying to connect with another BT transmitter in the area or the SGP is trying to connect with another BT receiver (you can observe the latter by monitoring the BT menu of the SGP player to see what happens when the SGP disconnects from your BT receiver - this might also be a good method to attempt to troubleshoot whether the SGP is just timing out in sleep mode as postulated above).

Also, to better ascertain whether the issue lies with the SGP or your bluetooth receiver, test the SGP with another bluetooth receiver or headset (see if you can borrow one if you don't own another bluetooth audio recieving device) to see if the timeout issue exists. If it doesn't reproduce itself with another BT device, then the problem may be with the BT receiver you are using. Good luck.

vf