android
Old 03-01-2013, 05:38 AM

Default NWZ-A845 or NWZ-A865(Help)

Hi all, I first want to apologize for my bad English, I'm from Spain and I have to use a translator, I am a new user could not introduce myself so here where I put it here, and now I wanted to ask you some advice, now I have a 4GB Walkman S616F with and long, the battery starts to slack off, I have the opportunity to buy the Walkman NWZ-A845 and NWZ-A865 I would like to advise me which one is better, is that the 865 has bluetooth, but a battery life more short, and the 845 a better design, better battery, and more accessories, I'm really torn between these two models which do you think is better? that battery lasts really? thanks for the help

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-02-2013, 07:16 AM

Hello, I have been in a similar dilemma between A844 and E474. I decided to get the E474 because it's newer and not already 2 years old in shelf life like the A844. As these devices have a lifespan of 3-5 years (my old NW-A805 lasted 4 years), I think shelf life should be considered.

I haven't used the models you have mentioned but considering shelf life alone, I'd pick the A865. But are you buying it as new or used? If the product is new, then you should be okay I guess.

Anyone used either of these models? The A845 is 2010 year model where the A865 is 2011.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:26 PM

I can tell you that the battery life on my A847 series was never 30 hours. Ever. When I got mine brand new, it never peaked past 22 or so, even with all the features off and the screen set to lowest brightness and shortest time on. Other reviews I've come across say the same thing: battery life is shorter than stated.

All these manufacturers seem to have some incredibly precise setups that allow them, and only them, to get these long battery life stats. I've taken anything to do with battery life with a few spoons of salt. So I doubt that you'll see that stated 29 hours of the A865 anywhere near that as well. You might get more like 24, but that's still quite a lot less than stated.

Since you're not going to get 30 hours out of either device, you may as well go with the A865, as its battery is going to have a longer life cycle due to it being newer, and it has that handy bluetooth feature. Yeah, it's going to drain it quickly (specs say using it cuts the battery life from 29-ish hours to 8, so more like 6 hours, realistically), but since it's newer, it should handle the depletion/charging cycle better.

So unless physical buttons are a deal-breaker, go with the newest one.
movies, Netflix and internet, oh my!

Old 03-02-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTR95 View Post
Hello, I have been in a similar dilemma between A844 and E474. I decided to get the E474 because it's newer and not already 2 years old in shelf life like the A844. As these devices have a lifespan of 3-5 years (my old NW-A805 lasted 4 years), I think shelf life should be considered.

I haven't used the models you have mentioned but considering shelf life alone, I'd pick the A865. But are you buying it as new or used? If the product is new, then you should be okay I guess.

Anyone used either of these models? The A845 is 2010 year model where the A865 is 2011.
the two products are brand new, the bluetooth will not always be on, only once and very little time, for any transfer or something, if not always be turned off, although the two new players, the better the A865? esque truth what most interests me is the battery A845 and extra accessories, but the A865 to be another year has new things that I like, then the A865 cojere, thank you very much to both

Old 03-09-2013, 04:00 PM

Ya and received the NWZ-A865, but I have a question, do not know if this is a problem or is functioning well, when I leave the player in a certain song and I am more than 24 hours without using the player, not to reuse remember the song that I leave, he started the first song in alphabetical order, but if I use it within 24 hours if you remember the song, it's normal to lose the memory of the song that was after 24 hours without use?

Old 03-10-2013, 05:14 AM

I haven't yet left my Walkman 24 hours at rest since I bought it, even after when I wake up to use the player the next morning (it gets around 12-15 hours of standby I guess) It always resumes back to the song I was playing. I suppose there are two sleep modes of the device, one is a short one that quickly resumes back to your last song, and the other is the deep sleep mode, that saves energy if left after 24 hours have passed, so the song is not remembered I guess. I'm not too sure about this though but I had noticed this with my old Walkman so I take it its normal.

Is everything else working well though on the NWZ-A865?

Old 03-10-2013, 06:59 AM

If everything works perfectly, and it even updated to version 1.01 with no problem, but I have an old NWZ-S616F, and this if you remember the last camcion even more than 48 hours, people had read the same thing was happening with the A845 so here it is possible that when new models have a battery-saving technology that no longer remember the last song after 24 hours, but I had this doubt because the old walkman I have if you remember the songs

Last edited by XxROJOxX; 03-10-2013 at 07:12 AM.