android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman > Walkman E Series

Old 01-22-2011, 01:49 PM

Thank you for the answer.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-26-2011, 09:11 AM

Hi everyone i am from Italy and i have pucrchased an nwz 454 and got the same problem, just wanted to ask what to do in test mode to change the volume? sry for my english.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:33 AM

Default No respond

Hi guys. Im from the Czech Republic and I bought e455 player. I also tried your technique of un-limiting volume level by entering the service menu but after two attempts, nothing happened. I would like to ask which option in audio setup (in service menu) is to undo volume limitation (my AVLS in common settings is also disabled). Thank you for your answer. koza3

Old 02-21-2011, 01:36 AM

Hey guys! It is said that for the third time - the best! So, I tried entering service menu for the third time and got through all audio tests - be careful, after starting these tests with your headphones on it could be really noisy. After this I exit service menu and turned on player - voilla, volume was so high that for 20 it is really enough! But even after reseting common settings my radio frequency is about 80Mhz so in my country no radio.... but Im not a radio guy! So in one sentence - it works!!! Thank you for advice!

Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 AM

hi guys i had the same problems
and i solved this way:

-VOLUME
in the service menu select DAC and then BGAIN and TGAIN (bass and treble gain[i use max 6 db gain and i cannot listen to music over 15, it hurts!]) submenu increase or decrease these values

-RADIO
by restore factory settings inthe main application menu you will have your radio work again;
for the frequency issues try the following: in the service menu there is a FM voice. selecting that you can switch (by clicking left arrow) the frequency(i think the initial offset, i haven't tried yet)

good luck

Old 03-07-2011, 04:49 AM

Hi, guys, greetings from Spain!
Bought a Sony E454 one week ago, and soon realize the volume problem.
OK, Ive followed the instructions given in this post and... it works!! Really!! Awesome!!
Only problem is the radio. Only frequencies between 76 and 90. Still searching for solution.
But the volume... I cant stand it over 15!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 02:15 PM

Default volumen problem

Hello I bought yesterday one Mp3 player E454 sony and the Volumen is very low, can somebody help me with this problem? did someone find the solution? thanks

Old 03-08-2011, 12:51 PM

Heres the solution, but radio will stop working properly
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...00&postcount=8

Old 03-09-2011, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelscrimes View Post
and i solved this way:

-VOLUME
in the service menu select DAC and then BGAIN and TGAIN (bass and treble gain[i use max 6 db gain and i cannot listen to music over 15, it hurts!]) submenu increase or decrease these values

-RADIO
by restore factory settings inthe main application menu you will have your radio work again;
for the frequency issues try the following: in the service menu there is a FM voice. selecting that you can switch (by clicking left arrow) the frequency(i think the initial offset, i haven't tried yet)

good luck
Increasing BGAIN TGAIN and has problems with the radio?

Old 03-12-2011, 06:33 AM

is there a way to put back the volume cap??? i don't remember the original setting in Test mode menu

Old 04-25-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
and i solved this way:

-VOLUME
works for me, thanks!

Quote:
-RADIO

where exatly? i dont find it

Old 05-03-2011, 07:12 AM

Hi there. I recently purchased Sony NWZ E453 and it plays 'a little bit' quietly. I've read about the volumes problem and the way to solve that problem as well.

Quote:
then go to audio, and then to maxout ,i rly dont remember what i pressed but now its written: AUDIO MAXOUT
1khz 0dbs L/Rch
HPOUT [vol:30]
AVLS OFF

then go to NMLRZ
and the option looks like this :AUDIO NMLRZ
1khz -24dBs L/Rch
HPOUT [VOL: 30]
I bought used one and got exactly same settings without any changes.
But my radio is working properly and player seems to have volume block for me - when I'm listening music at home on 30/30 vol. using 24ohm headphones it's just as it should be. I can't imagine going with this set out.
And what about higher resistance IEMs/headphones? I've just bought such ones.

So do I have to do anything else to remove that volume restriction? I've read - to run some audio tests in service menu. How?
Thanks for helping.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:21 PM

Hello friends.. the same problem happened with my e454 also.I gave it to sony service center n they said that its an unknown issue with Sony Walkman n hence they replaced it under warranty.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:57 PM

To Rezonans

I have a sony NWZ-E 474 and have the same volume limiter problem. How did you solve your problem ? Even the radio set up is broke, what is important for me is the high volume output.

If you could be so kind enough to help me, I would be grateful actually.
You can get in touch with me by my e-mail address ; metinkurtar@ksu.edu.tr

Thank you very much in advance for your kind help.

Hello friends,

I have a sony NWZ-E 474 and have the same volume limiter problem. How did you solve your problem ? Even the radio set up is broke, what is important for me is the high volume output.

CAN YOU HELP ME IN SIMPLE AND EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND INSTRUCTIONS ?

If you could be so kind enough to help me, I would be grateful actually.
You can get in touch with me by my e-mail address ; metinkurtar@ksu.edu.tr

Thank you very much in advance for your kind help.

Last edited by skip252; 03-23-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: post merged, please don't multi-post the same subject. Use the Edit button

Old 03-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

The person you're asking for direction hasn't been here in 2 years. You can check the date of a member's last activity by clicking on their name in a post. They also don't have email notification set up. That makes it unlikely they'll see your request for directions.

There's been a couple of recent posts claiming to be able to enter the service menu and deal with volume issues in the "S" series subforum. I have no idea how accurate that information is or if trying to follow those directions can cause the types of problems that this set did.