android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Marketplace > Classifieds

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulr View Post
Oh really, to what? The even older E280? Not the Fuze+ I hope, it's just a terrible player.
Actually, the Fuze+, as hard as it sucks normally, it is immensely improved with Rockbox. The controls are much more usable, the player no longer crashes with a full library, etc. I still wouldn't want one as my only player, though.

And the even older e280 has an easily replaceable battery, so at this point I'd be more inclined to get one of them than one of the original Fuzes.
Quote:
The closest thing I can think of is the Cowon C2, which has no Rockbox support.
I'm a big proponent of Rockbox, but that doesn't mean that I would limit myself to only players that support it. I've had quite a few other players I enjoyed.....Samsungs, Cowons, Sonys, newer iPods, which did not support Rockbox.

Quote:
I have a couple 4gb Fuzev1's and I guess I could part with one since I mostly use my Cowon D2 or one of several Clip/Clip+'s. But the Fuze is a nice small player with a bigger screen, longer runtime, and (IIRC) more powerful amplifier than the Clip, so it kind of fills a void. The most annoying thing about it to me is the special cable, but even that has its purpose if you want to use a LOD cable.
Well, my biggest beef with the Fuze (and the e280 and my two current iPods) is the lack of a dedicated volume control. It's not an issue with the iPods because I use an LOD cable and amp with them, so the amp volume is in play.

I never had an issue with the Clip screens, so the added size of the Fuze screen, plus its lack of the all so useful clip, made it an easy choice a while back.....trade away the Fuzes , keep the Clips(now Clip Zips). And the v2 Fuze's battery runtime difference (maybe 5-6 more hours) isn't enough to make up for the other flaws (IMO)....plus, as I recall, the v1 Fuze battery runtime isn't any better than a Clip+/Zip, if all are Rockboxed.

Fuze and Clips all have the same power, btw.....don't know about the Fuze+ though.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-24-2013, 08:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

")....plus, as I recall, the v1 Fuze battery runtime isn't any better than a Clip+/Zip, if all are Rockboxed."

I doubt that is true with mp3 files when comparing players with equal wear and age. With the original firmware the Fuze V1 gets around 2/3 more battery life than the Clip+ all other things being equal. I just Rockboxed my Fuze V1, so I haven't compiled any Rockbox runtime figures for it yet. If your Fuze V1 didn't last much longer than a Clip+, it probably means that the Fuze V1 battery was very worn or much older than the Clip+ you were comparing it to, and experienced a great diminishment in capacity.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Marv's right about this. I only use the OF my V1 Fuze due to the greatly reduced battery life. It has nothing to do with the age of the battery. There's some setting that has never been found that causes the battery life on some Rockboxed sansas to be much less than others.

If you check the Port Status here http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS..._44_Clip_v1_41 you'll see that's true for the V1 Clip also. There's also a link there for the runtimes. The results are old but should be still valid.

The last time I ran a battery bench on my V1 Fuze it came out to a bit less than 12 hours. When I checked it in the OF I was happily surprised to find it lasted all day and had enough left for a couple more hours the next day. That was enough to have me use the OF on my V1 Fuze.

Have you USB transfer on your Rockboxed V1 Fuze? The last time I did it still failed with large transfers and was likely to cause file corruption. I haven't updated recently so that may have been fixed.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:40 PM

I've never had a problem with USB on my Rockboxed Fuze v2. USB on the Rockboxed Clip Zip, on the hand, has been flaky as hell.

For the gym, the Clip Zip is ideal, and the dedicated volume control is great to have. But for any other application I prefer the Fuze with its larger screen and larger size that is much easier to handle.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson Dyle View Post
I've never had a problem with USB on my Rockboxed Fuze v2. USB on the Rockboxed Clip Zip, on the hand, has been flaky as hell.

For the gym, the Clip Zip is ideal, and the dedicated volume control is great to have. But for any other application I prefer the Fuze with its larger screen and larger size that is much easier to handle.
There was a time when the USB was a little temperamental with the Zip, but I haven't had any issues with it in a while now.

The only player I have now that is quirky in that regard is the old e280....certain themes seem to bork it up. The one I usually use on it now, to prevent any USB issue, is http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...rget=sansae200. No album art, but it always connects and disconnects without issue.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Amazon has some 2 gb Fuze's for 89.00

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-...rds=sansa+e200

Old 03-31-2013, 11:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

On Ebay used Fuze 8GB players still sell for around $50 at times. If I thought I could sell mine for $100+ I might be tempted to sell it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-Sans...item460de0246e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-Sans...00880503918%26

Old 07-11-2013, 05:59 AM

Sorry for not responding, got no email notification for some reason. If anyone got the old fuze (preferably v2) for under 50, I'd like to know.

thanks!

Old 07-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

There are usually used 8GB fuzes on Ebay, however they seem to be selling for around $70 or so lately.

I boot my Rockboxed Sandisk players into the original firmware for data transfers.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
I boot my Rockboxed Sandisk players into the original firmware for data transfers.
Why would you do that?

Old 07-12-2013, 06:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Why would you do that?
Since some complained of issues with data transfer using Rockbox, especially on the Clip Zip. I don't transfer songs to the player that often anyway, perhaps less than 10 times a year. While many have no problems with Rockbox transfers, I figure I may as well play it safe.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:55 PM

Bought a couple of 4GB Refurbished Fuze (not plus) players from a nice lady on the forum. Thank you all.

As for the reason I didn't want to move on to fuze+ is quite simply the lack of scroll wheel.
Actually, I did get a fuze+ but don't really like the touch controls.

Closed Thread