android
Old 03-30-2013, 12:19 PM

Default How can i restore x7 ui?

Hi, can someone of you please help me in restoring the original folder structure of X7 (deleting all the unusefull file put on while installing new UI)? I would like to bring X7 in the same condition i found it when i bought the player, but i'm not sure i still have the original files. Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Administrator

I'd search this subforum using the term "param.cfg". I've found a couple of post here saying that deleting that file resets the player just like other Cowons. I don't have the X7 but on the Cowon iAudio 9 I have I once deleted the param.cfg file and then formatted it using the SDFormatter. After that everything was reset to the factory settings. If there are any demo files it won't restore those but all the folders should be restored the same as new.

I believe one of the moderators, musichound, has an X7. He would probably be able to give you more exact directions if he sees this. You may want to wait to see if he has more. If he doesn't respond in the next day or so I'd bump this thread. Sometimes life keeps us busy and we don't see everything at the time of the first posting.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrezNet View Post
Hi, can someone of you please help me in restoring the original folder structure of X7 (deleting all the unusefull file put on while installing new UI)? I would like to bring X7 in the same condition i found it when i bought the player, but i'm not sure i still have the original files. Thanks
I am certain all you need to do is download x7 2.09 firmware and copy them to the flash drive and all will be back to normal. It is still available on cowonglobal.com. I have just checked. Needs searching a bit!

Old 04-01-2013, 05:31 AM

OK ... i can try to reinstall 2.09 while waiting for musichound.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resiak View Post
I am certain all you need to do is download x7 2.09 firmware and copy them to the flash drive and all will be back to normal. It is still available on cowonglobal.com. I have just checked. Needs searching a bit!
I'm going to try... one more thing. Do i have to delete something (i mean the new UI files) in the flash folder before reinstalling the firmware?
Thanks

Old 04-14-2013, 12:50 AM

You don't need to delete anything; just copy the files to the flash drive. Good news...there is a new update for the X7, V2.11. It doesn't detail what it does but says fixes some errors.