android
Old 04-02-2013, 03:45 PM

Default galaxy player 3.6 random noise out of speaker

so i got my sgp 3.6 refurb that i ordered from amazon the other day. it is a pretty nice little player. screen could be better as could a few other things, but that's a whole other topic.
i was wondering if anybody else, who has an sgp 3.6 or any model for that matter has noticed an audible click noise out of the speaker that happens randomly as you navigate through the device? it seems to happen a few times every couple of minutes after i click an app or something and seems to only do it when i have the sound on for the audible click. (although i am not talking about the normal click itself)
it is not that loud and i don"t think it warrants sending it back as it seems to function perfectly otherwise. just curious if anyone else has experienced this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-12-2013, 01:59 PM

turning off sounds stops it. i listened with my ear up to the speaker and after everytime the speaker needs to activate it has a slight hiss after for a second or so just before speaker "shuts down". i listened to 4 other galaxy players and they all make this little hiss right after sound as speaker is shutting down, the only difference is sometimes the 3.6 makes a little pop kind of noise on shut off of speaker. i dont know if it is a big deal or not. i have a 90 day warranty on it through nuko (the refurbisher) i just got it 4/1 so i got some time to play around and see. the thing is with these refurbished units nuko says to contact them directly if you have a problem as opposed to returning it. either way i shoukld be covered.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:55 PM

so i brought a new one from amazon and have come to find out that it also makes the noise. not as loud but much more often. it is like an annoying click in the speaker when navigating the device. i have no doubt that most if not all of them do this as it seems to be just a quirk of this device. no wonder why they were so quickly discontunued. i wish samsung would put some effort into a nice quality line of players with great screens and internal specs.