android
Old 04-24-2013, 06:02 AM

Default H340 Replacement Body?

I love my H340 and, due to the incredible sound quality when using Rockbox, have zero desire to update to a newer, more convenient and smaller device. To put simply, nothing I have listened to compares. However, after 8 years of faithful service the body is looking a little worse for wear, with scratches and marks from various accidental drops. So much so that in sunlight it's sometimes difficult to see through the transparent plastic screen on the front. The player itself still works fine, even after a couple of battery changes.

Now, my question is does anyone know if a 3rd party replacement body can be purchased? Or even an original iRiver body. I have looked but can't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-24-2013, 02:11 PM

Hello Pags.
Your best option would be to buy a bricked player from ebay and swap over the cases.
I've sent you a P.M with a email address of a bloke in the UK who used to repair and resell the h300 series. He possibly may have a spare case laying around he'd sell you.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:35 AM

Thanks for the help, I will check it out. I have also thought about plastic polish like Renovo. It effectively removes the top surface of the plastic and removes all but the most deep scratches I have heard.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbuck View Post
Hello Pags.
Your best option would be to buy a bricked player from ebay and swap over the cases.
I've sent you a P.M with a email address of a bloke in the UK who used to repair and resell the h300 series. He possibly may have a spare case laying around he'd sell you.
I need my h320 repairing and I live in the UK.. could you pm me his details?
Thanks
Kenny